Aggressive and Dangerous Cat

There is a very aggressive male cat living in the vicinity of Ivanhoe Road in the gardens that back on to the train line. He is white with ginger and tabby spots.

We are convinced that this cat is a stray (he is un-neutered and extremely ferocious) and are hoping that we can get residents' support/assistance to capture him. He is viciously attacking all the male cats in the street and they will all be at risk of FIV, fleas and serious injury and infection.

We wish to get him neutered and then adopted/rescued by an approrpriate animal charity. However the RSPCA and Celia Hammond have been unreponsive to any calls for help so far; we would welcome anyone who can assist us in this matter

If anyone else is suffering from this or has any advice as to how to remove him from the area please get in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks

Where abouts are you on Ivanhoe Rd (rough location will do)?

I often see a white cat with sort of ginger patches, but I don't think he's stray - I think I know where he lives. Although I've never seen him getting into any fights.

OH Lordy Lord, its another clear sign that our neighbourhood is plummeting down the drain. This poor poor woman who has lain victim to the vicious ferociousnessly natured cat needs supporting in her diatribe against your average Tom. By the sounds of the superlatives used it may well be an idea to call David Cameron and ask him to put an end to the action in Libya so we can focus resources on Ivanhoe Road of SE5. I for one will certainly not be able to sleep tonight at the very thought of knowing that this monster is on the prowl.

Please please please; for when this monstrous moggy is in fact apprehended could you post below if you are prepared to adopt him and give him the caring and loving home he obviously deserves and save him from what will be be the old heave-hoe if he ends up in a animal 'sanctury'.

I think we can all tell from the description that although he?s a bit rough around the edges, he?s going to be really good around small children and other animals like hamsters and goldfish, and will certainly become a loving member of your family. Fingers cross we?ll get this hirsute modern day Jack the Ripper soon. Please don?t kick yourself to hard Anna for managing to let him go after you examined him to absolutely make sure he?s unneutered. Xx

No need to get QUITE so sarcastic is there? Rather embarrassed now as I am genuinely concerned.

I think you might use some extreme superlatives had you had to pay out ?300 on vet bills and are having to keep your pet inside all the time?

I don't want this cat to die but I also am naturally going to prioritise my own animal.

Thanks for the 'help'

a

Hi Anna,

Give me a call if you like ( 07956 255860 ) - my name is Lisa and I run bowwowmiaow.

If we can establish that he is definately homeless; then I'm happy to help track him down, neuter and rehome him - if it would be beneficial all round.

Would be good to talk through how feral the fella is, or has become, as this will give me some idea of the way forward.

Warm Purrs

Lisa

Ignore Quaverflava.

He/She just seems set on sarcastically interjecting on quite reasonable threads for no apparent reason - see their other one.

It must be really frustrating for you. I hope you find some help and it gets dealt with.

Thank you for your comment Ellie78, yes I saw the other post... Someone who likes to bully from afar methinks!

And Lisa, Many thanks for your response! I will indeed call you tomorrow, enormously grateful for your offer of help. My neighbours and I have enquired about this cat along the street and a number of people are suffering similar problems. It does not have a collar but that's as much as we can find out.

Thanks again

a

My husband witnessed your cat attack on Rye Lane Peckhamgatecrasher, have to admit I had a giggle picturing it! He's a real tough cookie that cat.

Best of luck with the neutering. I've trapped and neutered a few feral Toms living around my area and it greatly improved the feline relations.

• 2 years later...

Hi Annacecilia - my male cat has been viciously attacked for the past week and I'm not certain if it is the same cat, but as he has never had any problems before I imagine it is. I live on Bellenden Road and would be happy to try to help in any way I can.

For now I am going to have to keep him locked in as his face is completely slashed and bleeding.

Have you made contact with Lisa at Bowwowmiaow yet?

Hope we can get this sorted, I'm frightened for his life.

I had a terrible time with a local stray I named 'fang'

We managed to get him neutered and 'rehomed'

Pm me for details - it was quite a story!

He terrorised my tabby cat for over 6 months

He bashed my cat flap through *on lock* and beat him up regularly - drew blood and pissed everywhere, sometimes in my bedroom at night.

This went on for six months

My cat lost weight and never left the house

I often see 'fang-rapes' knocking around bellenden road. All strays but much smaller and cuter.

He's in north london now

Hi Lisa - I have written a post above as I am really worried for the safety of my cat and have had to lock him in as he has been so ficiously attacked I am worried for his life (he has now almost lost his eyes and his face is ripped to shreds). I hope you dont mind me contacting you but I wondered whether you were any further forward with catching the stray or if you had any advice for me?

I've not had a problem like this before and other than locking my cat in I'm not sure what else to do?

As I work during the day (when the attacks happen) I am not able to go out looking, but would be happy to help in the evenings - although not sure how it would be possible to track this cat down?

Thanks, Jo