News agent at the corner of Elsie road and Grove vale is closed, why??

Hello all, does anyone know why the news agent on Grove vale / Elsie Road is now closed?? The new sign suggests another nail bar will be opening. There is already a nail shop a few doors away, and a few streets away in Melbourne Grove.

The Guy who takes the orders in the Chinese takeaway, said the shop has been going for many years. Anyone know more??

It is going to be a nail shop which - I think - will be Glamorous Nails, currently a few shops further up towards ED station. Whether there will be two branches I don't know. Good luck to it: good to see vacated premises being reused so quickly.

There's another side to the growth in nail bars ? human trafficking and drug money laundering:

http://www.humantraffickingfoundation.org/news/2013/modern-day-slavery-british-nail-bars

One nail bar not a million miles from Grove Vale is empty every time I walk past it, but the 'manager' is a young guy driving a very pimped motor. I doubt the nail business has bought it for him.

NB Not casting aspersions on Glamorous Nails, which has been around for a number of years and seems genuinely busy much of the time.

I have to say I feel sorry for the people who work in these kinds of places. It can't be good for the lungs or skin to be working with nail varnish, remover and other such substances. However, I do like nice nails...(on me and on others, varnished or not).

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There's another side to the growth in nail bars ?

> human trafficking and drug money laundering:

> http://www.humantraffickingfoundation.org/news/201

> 3/modern-day-slavery-british-nail-bars

>

> One nail bar not a million miles from Grove Vale

> is empty every time I walk past it, but the

> 'manager' is a young guy driving a very pimped

> motor. I doubt the nail business has bought it for

> him.

>

> NB Not casting aspersions on Glamorous Nails,

> which has been around for a number of years and

> seems genuinely busy much of the time.

You mean the ones with no customers

TBH those have disappeared now in Peckham (no names :) ) we have loads of little cafes now instead