Playgrounds...

Little snowboarder is bored of his usual haunts of Dulwich park/goosegreen/Peckham rye/horniman sandpit - is there anywhere maybe a bit further afield but not too far that might suit? Is there anywhere at crystal palace park maybe? He has far too much energy....and a new bike and scooter to use!

Myatt's Fields in Camberwell is definitely worth a visit. Amazing playground equipment and nice little park. Think there's parking though we got the bus and walked from kings. There's also a really nice playground near St Thomas's a bit further afield but if you fancy a trip to the river it's good to know about. Have fun!

Hilly Fields in Brockley, or Ladywell Fields in Ladywell... We live close to both, happy to meet up and have you over to ours for tea and bicuits. We're around most afternoons.

Little Saff and I are joining friends at Crystal Palace one o'clock club Monday morning around 10:30am... I'm the *really* tired looking blonde with hugly outgoing 1 yo daughter.

xx

Battersea Park also good & has the little zoo too (you have to pay to get in).

I love Telegraph Hill as already mentioned, there's a 1 o'clock club there too, also open Saturday mornings, when it mostly seems to be Dads & children!

Greenwich park playground good, big with lots if sand too but if you park up the top (pay & display) it's quite a big hill to push the buggy back up (especially a loaded P&T - not sure I'd manage that!).

Kensington Gardens - PD Memorial Playground is fab, but probably a bit ambitious with toddler plus newborn unless you're feeling adventurous - I kept losing O in there when she was 2 as it's big & there were masses of children so you do have to literally follow then around which I find tedious (lazy mummy).

Nice new little playground for under 5s at Burgess Park, with water jets outside fenced in area & also the new cafe overlooking the playground. Parking close by though it does get busy - small car park.

Playground behind Honor Oak Park Station quite nice, a bit different at least. Easy parking shared with cemetery right next to it - turn left into it as you drive down hill towards the station after the allotments, down narrow drive then park to right and walk up the path on the right with cemetery on your left.

Have fun!

Xx

Where in Telegraph Hill park is the playground? Never been in the actual park - can you park the car at the church / community centre at the top of the hill (just before the roundabout) and walk down? I just know there's an entrance to the park there but have no idea where things are located and if you can walk down the hill with a buggy.

If you park at the church/community centre, the park is off on either side. I think the bit behind the church is smaller and the bit with the playground is across the road from the community centre. One O'clock club open from 9 or 9.30 and does tea/coffee and toast. There was a van that used to do nice coffee and lunch-ey stuff (nearer lunchtime/afternoon and I suspect, only when the weather improves). And there's a cafe by the community centre too - but never actually been there. Loads of parking. Not a massive playground but the slide is a bit different for a change and the one o'clock always has plenty of cars/bikes/scooters etc out.

Now I'm talking about it, might just head up there tomorrow. Haven't been for ages!

I second Brockwell Park. Huge open space, nice playground with sandpit, 1 O'clock club and great cafe. The paddling pool area, which was already a lovely space for young children, is currently being redeveloped, and looks like it will be fab when finished.

nunheadmum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And there's a cafe by the

> community centre too - but never actually been

> there. Loads of parking. Not a massive

> playground but the slide is a bit different for a

> change and the one o'clock always has plenty of

> cars/bikes/scooters etc out.

>

The cafe by the community centre is lovely. They are child-friendly, but they do have a 'queit day' on Fridays. Can't say I think much of the 1 o'clock club at Telegraph Hill though. The only time I have ever been there, the staff were extremely rude, didn't say hello, and shouted at me when I accidentally parked my buggy in the wrong place! Not to mention it was fairly dirty inside as well... That was a while back, maybe things have changed. Dunno. Crystal Palace gets my vote for its 1 o'clock club. Much nicer.