People not looking in bins

Seabag

I live on a road near M and S.

I came home one early eve and found a man in my front garden, taking his bags out of my bin.

He was not at all perturbed by me coming into the front garden and asking what was happening.

He went off down the road and eventually got to a local pub situated on a corner plot, proceeded to start trying to sell whatever was in in his bags.. he had a little compact mirror, in which he would look to see over his shoulder at intervals.. he saw and recognised me as I had followed him, intrigued as to what had been stashed in my bins. He shouted at me for a bit, then walked on. I then asked the pub punters what he had been trying to flog.. they told me - M and S steak and Prosecco!

live on a road near M and S.

I came home one early eve and found a man in my front garden, taking his bags out of my bin.

He was not at all perturbed by me coming into the front garden and asking what was happening.

He went off down the road and eventually got to a local pub situated on a corner plot, proceeded to start trying to sell whatever was in in his bags.. he had a little compact mirror, in which he would look to see over his shoulder at intervals.. he saw and recognised me as I had followed him, intrigued as to what had been stashed in my bins. He shouted at me for a bit, then walked on. I then asked the pub punters what he had been trying to flog.. they told me - M and S steak and Prosecco!

Which pub did he go to?

Imagine my angst then - my username is entirely based upon bin robbers and now they have stopped coming to look into my bins. The last time the sandal wearing 'shoe hunter' came to visit, I was leaving the house just as he had finished rummaging through one of my bins, chucking anything he wasn't interested in out of the bin and all over my front garden. I told him I didn't care if he looked in my bins, but I didn't see why he should feel free to chuck rubbish all over my garden leaving it for me to pick up, otherwise it would attract rats and foxes.

To be fair to him, he picked all the rubbish up from my garden and put it back in the bin, while apologising. Although he comes to our street still, I have noticed he now passes us by - presumably because the mean man made him pick up the rubbish last time. I did notice that he still tends to leave a right mess behind though.

I've not been scooter robbed, which doesn't surprise me.

Like who's going to ride a scooter into a 1st floor flat, with an unlooked in bin near the gate.

I left the door open for ten minutes and the bin lid up, but I fear my shared entrance read 'bait' and nothing happened.

I posted the pamphlet 'Security for peace of mind' through my own door, then promptly retrieved it and threw it in the green bin.

"Can't you read" I said to out loud myself while reading the "NO JUNK MAIL OR CIRCULARS" note above my letterbox.

I actually annoyed myself, which was good.

• 6 months later...

There?s been a new development: no-one is ringing my doorbell at night.

The thing is it?s actually broken. I?m wondering if I should replace it, as it feels like I?m missing out on the new trend.

As for the bins, I?ve had to call the council now. Disinterest in them has become so extreme that even Veiola didn?t want to disturb them this week.