NASA scientist: Evidence of alien life on meteorite

The evidence seems to hinge on the fact that these formations can't be generated by anything but organic life.

It's one of those issues that will struggle to get an sensible debate around it. For adherents to anthropocentric (human-centred) religion, the discovery undermines every tenet of their narcissistic dogma. All of the assertions regarding a Universe created only as a playpen and moral test for humans, a God that is relentlessly preoccupied with mankind, who sacrifices his son etc., fall around their ears...

Hence religiously-oriented people will deny all of the evidence, will crap on about 'doubt' that doesn't exist, will roll out obscure scientists in unrelated fields that support their views, and as with climate change deniers, are more likely to accuse scientists of being liars and frauds than recognise humanity's insignificance.

Huguenot, surely religious oriented people believe in Alien life, ie Supernatural God, angels, devils and so are more open minded on the subject than most?

In fact I wouldn't be surprised that in a world of multiple universes there is a Pope Huguenot dispensing blessings as we speak

The only 'alien life' that anthropogenic religions believe in, is a God whose whole existence revolves around propelling the trivial pursuits and moral wrangles of mankind to centre stage.

To such vain people, the discovery that alien life was getting on perfectly happily without, for example, the subjugation of women or homosexuals, would come as such a crashing revelation they'd be unlikely to survive it.

Let's hope there isn't any alien life on meteorites for their own sake.

If some scientist squinting down a microscope does discover such lifeforms the EEC will tax them, people like Huguenot will sell them insurance, some idiot will find a way to extend human rights law to them and I'll invent an alien bug spray, marketed to kill 99% of alien lifeforms we haven't even discovered yet.

AS suspected -it appears the evidence is nothing of the sort.

the scientist may well be correct but for the wrong reasons. he may be a nutter.

that doesn't mean that alien life doesn't exist. just that there's no proof yet. a bit like the God question really.

What's your source silverfox?

I suspect that's just the start of the unsubstantiated assertions, obfuscation and denial supported by bogus claims of doubt and personal attacks on the scientists isn't it?

When are you going to wheel out a paediatrician to challenge the cosmologists?

Source is the scientific community as reported in The Times today. no point in me posting link for you as you have to pay to read it.

Anyway, you've only got to look at the picture to see it looks as if the scientist sneezed snot on the sample.

As a person that believes, God exist I don?t believe that we are the only ones in the entire universe and as for little green men that we are use to seeing in Sci-Fi movies I not convinced that they look like that who knows.

"Anyway, you've only got to look at the picture to see it looks as if the scientist sneezed snot on the sample."

Ha ha, I forgot this, it's YOU. I remember this from the climate change denial thread - you're a better scientist than all these academic types, down to your famous gut feel.

Well, you'll have 40 days to enhance your divinely acquired metaphysical 'scientific' insights. Enjoy.

I'm always up for sensible scientific assessment, but you'll forgive me if I don't accept your gut-feel at a similar level of authority.