Kitten gone AWOL Landells Road/Crystal Palace Road area.(Now found)

Ant

Another in the EDF's fine tradition of missing cat posts:

Our kitten's escaped. She's never been out before. She's had her jabs and is just about old enough, but hasn't been neutered yet. I'm not overly worried yet, as it's not been all that long and she'll probably come back when she gets hungry. But given that she's so young, I thought I'd just ask people to keep an eye out for her.

She's called Mog, but seems to respond best when she's called Mogmog. (Cats eh? Always have to do things their own way.) We're at the library end of Landells Road and she went off through the gardens to towards Crystal Palace Road. She has a red collar with a small bell and a small brass tag on it. The tag has our phone number on one side and says 'microchipped' on the other (cos she is). If anyone does find her, could they please call us?

She's a little bit bigger now than she was when I took this pic:

Oh no! ::o I remember when you first got your kitten and posted that pic up and we were saying how cute she was. I'm sure she is on an adventure and is having a great time sticking her snout into everything new.

I've just had a look in our garden and also peered into the neighbours' gardens from our upstairs window. Can't see anything and none of the other cats are out either, so all is quiet. I will definitely keep an eye out.

Thanks Se?or Piers and Ko. She'll probably be fine. I wouldn't be worried except she's so young, and it's her first time out and all.

(Am having a nasty, sneaking feeling that I may well be saying the exact same thing about my daughters in a few years' time!)

I hope she's already home but if not she's probably just hiding and watching everything. In my experience when cats first go outside they tend to stick to the outside perimiter and work their way inwards, so maybe try looking along the nearby fences. You will probably have to call her in a really silly high pitched voice too before she responds, I am convinced that cats have an evil sense of humour and relish the chance to get you caught out singsonging in the middle of the street.

My 5 month old cat went missing for ages today and I ended up in most of the gardens in our road. She turned up in the end absolutely fine and full of fun.

Good luck and a speedy return for mogmog

chuff

Hope you find your kitten. You can train her to come to a whistle if you don't want to yell out Mogmog. Everytime you put her food down, give a shrill whistle. It won't take long for her to associate it with food and each time you whistle she will come flying in if she's within earshot.

I discovered this the hard way when I had cats called Ringo and George. I was yelling for George one evening when my very elderly neighbour (also called George) was using his outdoor privy and yelled back. Exceedingly embarrassing!

good luck