First Past the Post or AV

????

Ha ha!

Your interpretation of the events is erudite but I feel it's too educated.

It's far more likely that people voted in the way that Cameron's deal with News International was engineered to deliver.

The price the nation paid for that deal was the loss of electoral reform and Tory agreement to the Sky TV deal that allows Rupert Murdoch to dominate our entire media landscape.

Cameron has has not only ripped democracy from our hands, he has even limited our ability to be any better informed. Murdoch has been influencing elections for years, now he owns them.

It's a tragedy at so many levels

Nonsense. Conspiracy theory at it's most exalted. You're saying people are mere behavioral animals with no minds of their own but you, the enlightened one, can see through all the subterfuge.

You'll be telling us next you've seen Osama bin Laden chatting with Elvis

I can see through your subterfuge silverfox, but then I think a blind warthog in a cellar with the lights turned off sporting a blindfold could do that.

The 'No' campaign including yourself persistently lied to voters and treated them like gormless sheep. The only reason the electorate didn't know this was because Britain's biggest selling newspapers repeated these lies and endorsed their dishonesty.

I don't think the people are 'animals with no mind of their own', that's what the 'No' campaign thinks. I think the people were ripped off and decieved by greedy, self-serving but terribly efficient liars.

If you bother to use any sort of discretion in your media selection then you'd be surprised what you can learn.

Just keeping you on your tippee toes Huguenot. I realise you're tired and emotional given the recent fiasco.

It was sad to see you begging on the morning of the election with that new thread babbling on about saving the nation. Very jingoistic of you if I may say so.

thomastillingthe3rd Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ......Rupert Murdoch? oh please give me a

> break....he'll be dead soon and they will break it

> all up and sell it in chunks, have no fear of

> that.

I think you'll find James Murdoch will take over the reins. And he's quite a chip off the old block.