Help! Need schools advice for Beauval Road

JS33

Sorry to take up a thread on something so personal, but we need to make a quick decision on whether to move to Beauval Road and I'm wondering if anyone out has thoughts as to whether that's a good or bad location with regard to schools? We have a child who would be starting primary school in two years (2013 entry), and wanted to have some sense of how much chance we'd have of getting her into any of the local schools then.

I know there are no guarantees in all this, especially as the applicable rules keep changing, but at least wanted to get what information we can before making the decision. Although I've only roughly mapped the distances, I think we'd be in the mid-300 metres from Heber, and under 700 from Goodrich and Dulwich Infants.

(I'd also be interested in any thoughts people might have on the location with regard to secondary schools, so at least I know how worried I'll need to be in a few years!)

Thanks very much!

Hello,

We live in Beauval Road since the end of August 2010. I've choosen these road because its very close to all the schools in Dulwich village and not far from the heart of East Dulwich. I don't know very well again the english system of studies because we're a french family and our son is only 15 months old .

(i'm not fluent again, So,Apologize for the mistakes on my english writting)

My nice neighbours have a boy, 9 years old, he goes to Hamlet school. Their Daughter, 16 years old goes to another school (for girls only i think but i don't remerber the name of the school).

On the other hand, There are a lot of families with young children in our road, in age of going to school, so i suppose its easy to find a school with these location.

I could only say that Beauval Road is quite a nice place to live,rather quiet and well located, between dulwich village and Lordship-lane.So easy to move on these two locations, by walk also.

When we moved from France in London, first we would prefered to live in Blackheath or clapham Common but finally, we are very happy to have found the type of house we've searched, even if we had to go farther from the center of London. In fact, It was a good opporunity for us to discover Dulwich, accidentally (by chance).

Best regards

Val?rie

Val?rie