receptionist in willis B Hair

That's a hell of a first post - and giving the lie to your username as well

Honestly, why wouldn't you make your first few posts something interesting and nice sopeople get a feel for who you are as a person - but no, straight in calling someone a zombie? Jeez (that's not me saying the event didn't happen btw... just... you know...)

Is this a wind up........what are 'without polite','complete a miserable cow'? I'd guess the first is impolite and the second a jigsaw puzzle? I first thought this subject was about a little known B movie. On reflection I think it's something to do with a haircut. I presume Willis B Hair have an 'A' shop for their better customers!

I didn't want to come here and just complain on this forum as I've used it a lot for local things and found it really useful. I've just moved to East Dulwich (been here now for a couple of months and English is not my first language , that's why I probably wrote something confusing).

I think East Dulwich is quite a nice area. However, today I went to two hairdressing places (one in Melbourne grove). I was completely ignored in the first place and nobody came up to ask what I needed.I found my own seat. I thought because it was a busy Saturday afternoon. But then the next customer was treated totally differently. The receptionist went up to her ,held her coat and arranged her to sit somewhere. I was wondering if this place was only for posh locals? or they were to busy to deal with a foreigner?

Again the receptionist was quite rude to me in Willis B. I said hello to her and got no reply , not even a little smile on her face. Her expression was like " what did you come inside for?" I was a bit surprised as I've heard of its good reputation.

Overall I'm a bit surprised at the treatment I received, mostly people here have been helpful and polite but today ws totally different and it made me feel really angry - a feeling of exclusion I've not felt here before.

RE: SeanMacGabhann - yeah maybe you are right but I need to get it off my chest and thought this place would be good.

Hey Summerbreezee - cheers for coming back and expanding. I love a good vent myself...

I haven't been to the Melbourne Grove place but Lady MacGabhann uses Willis B and says she likes 'em - doesn't look like the kind of place for me. I use Roches at the top of LL for basic guy cuts - about ?9. Not sure if you are male or female but they do both (it's just not as fancy as the other places).. Thinking about it I think there was a thread on here recently about hairdressing places locally

Anyway - glad you've calmed down a bit and welcome aboard

Summerbreeze,

You say English is not your first language, so unless you are Welsh or, at a push, Scottish who has Gaelic as a first language, you are not British. Yet you act in a totally British way when you didn't complain about your service. Go back to whatever that place is called and talk to the manager. What have you got to lose? Nero

Well, if they don't want your custom, then it's their loss. As for the attitude, Edina in Absolutely Fabulous would say, "You only work in a shop, dear" - or something to that effect. I feel embarrassed on their behalf, how rude. Please don't judge everyone in East Dulwich by 'their' standards and welcome to our community.

I use willis b and i went in today to make an appointment and as always they were very helpful,maybe the receptionist had a off day,which does not excuse her behaviour,but give people a chance,dont use any excuse to publicly name and shame them.

Actually, whilst we're talking hair. My hair was chopped on my stag do, leaving me with a strange uneven bob. I have left it, as I thought I'd sort it nearer to my big day. I want a cool style keeping most of the length I have left. Have used Headnizm in the past and been happy enough, but anyone else got any suggestions for a blokes cut but not neat short back and sides?

ahem - I'd recommend Willis B - my wife sent me there for my last cut and I was most impressed...

Think I may be able to imagine where the comment about the receptionist came from. I think she may be a bit of a day dreamer :)

Was friendly once she was paying attention though ...

Monica you're a local celebrity and regular customer so you'd probably receive a different greeting to somebody fresh off the street, possibly a little nervous and intimidated (not to mention bad hair).

Receptionists are the first point of contact so if their attitude is inconsistent then it's not surprising people can get the wrong impression. The nice thing about the EDF is then at least there's an opportunity to post other views and perhaps set the record straight.

Have used them before, but that was when I had more conventional hair... Do they do funky? :-S

Sorry, I sound like a tit here, but it is my wedding day, and I want to look back at photos and think I looked cool once upon a time... Not saying you don't look cool Jah ;-)

I like Willis B as well. The receptionists seem fine to me. It's sort of hit or miss who greets you it seems But the Irish girl is lovely. Also, Keef, ask for Andrew, he's one of the owners and does a FAB job. He was cutting a bloke's hair before my appt and the guy seemed very happy with t.

welcome to da Forum, Summerbreezee.

Shame you got such a cool reception at Willie B's (rather than a "cool" reception) ~You win some, you lose some I guess. As you have probably deduced from the responses on here you were unlucky. That said, always amazes me that there are so many grumpy front-of-house people. You'd have thought that the first question on the application form for a receptionist would be something like "are you a happy, friendly person?" If the answer is in the negative send them to do some filing or something.

citizen

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Have used them before, but that was when I had

> more conventional hair... Do they do funky? :-S

>

> Sorry, I sound like a tit here, but it is my

> wedding day, and I want to look back at photos and

> think I looked cool once upon a time... Not saying

> you don't look cool Jah ;-)

Conventional hair Keef, conventional hair??? What's that when it's at home, the velcro look? Short back and sides and a dollop of Brycream? Or, Funky? A James Brown afro or the multi-coloured strands of George Clinton? What's it gonna be?

I once went out and got my hair cut and permed into a model of the Cutty Sark and went sailing and everywhere I went people said "hooray". Is that cool?

Anyway, you're spoilt for choice, depends on how much you want to spend. You could spend a fortune getting your hair done and still look a tit.

So nip up to the Plough, you know it makes sense.