How can we improve our community

reneet Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Guess the thread has changed to 'bash

> hislordshiplane'

Well (as the OP on that thread) I'll bash the guy who sends me daft PMs saying I'm some unemployed great unwashed wastrel and therefore braindead whatever. Wouldn't you? I mean why not accuse me of that online? If that's what he wants to do? (Note: I run my own very lucrative firm. And employ others locally.)

Are you the same person who said students were bringing down the area and posted their address on here?

hislordshiplane Wrote:

> Hi all, given the shocking news that occured over

> last weekend, I would be interested in getting

> your views on how we can improve our community.

> Your comments can be about, what involvement we

> should have as people, what are the problems are.

> It is not abour RIP's, venting anger at other

> peoples views or submitting countless emails on

> nothing, simply ideas and opinions on how we can

> help change it!!

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> If people are receiving abusive posts - report

> them to Admin and the offender will be warned

>

> don't directly quote PMs in public

>

> (if I have removed posts which have not actually

> quoted directly, PM me and I'll restore them)

Posts have been removed that referred to the fact that there were PMs. I did not refer to the content or tone of the PMs I had received (but to existence therof) but my post was removed. There were PMs to different people from said individual, of various natures, but none of them could be described as 'nice'.

The fact that I had received such PMs from the OP of this thread (who said on another thread to "they shoot each other" with regards to recent developments) somewhat concerns me. The fact that he can go around on here making bonkers statements and then statements full of fake concern (just read his first messages), concerns me more.

Did anyone else see on the t,v a few weeks back,the young offenders serving community service quite locally.

You had to admire the way they had learnt to machine.and make things to sell for the local hospice in a charity

shop.

They were big strapping lads,so it made it more amazing.

So well done to the lads and whoever thought of actually teaching them instead of just telling them they are only fit to

play drums and sing.

Lots of people have untapped talent no matter how humble it is,it should be nurtured.

If people could donate things.of any use to"Youth Develpement"and the coucils allocated workshops,and give some kind

of recognition of achievement,it could even rival Duke of Edinborough Awards.under each borough.

A stagnant mind is like static electricity.

Hi all, as stated in my original thread, I was talking about communities as a whole. In addition I still own a place in ED which i rent out (pay council tax) and also have family that live in ED - surely that makes me able to comment. I see that keef and louisian govern this foram - are rude, post thousands of comments, print private messages and generally make their own rules.

I set up a seprate thread to talk about solutions, many of you commented but the same old nothing better to do people jumped on it - despite me saying that it was not to cause personal abuse.

maybe that is why we have problems, people just dont respect each other, and dont play by the rules.

I have stated a few things that were taken out of context, that I have been educated on (i.e. listening to much to the media) for that i am sorry - for you lot having to listen to certain rambles from Keefy and his partner in dullness Lousiana I am sorry for that too

hislordshiplane Wrote:

> I see

> that keef and louisian govern this foram - are

> rude, post thousands of comments, print private

> messages and generally make their own rules.

>

> i am

> sorry - for you lot having to listen to certain

> rambles from Keefy and his partner in dullness

> Lousiana I am sorry for that too

xxxxxxx

You certainly know how to bring a community together, don't you :))

Yo I have been a resident of this place since 74. And so think that it is like other places going downhill. HLL has said a few things some of them he needs to rephrase but he has admitted that. He also outlined that this thread was to come up with solutions, not to have a go at each other.

He has a right like all of us have a right to speak, we aint self governing their is not government of ED. So please look at the thread and add your comments or if you want start another one. Lets move on dummies

JimJam Wrote:

> Sue, how is that helping? Why would you post

> that? What is the thread called? I see that

> others have been rude as well.

>

xxxxxxx

Because I think the OP is being hypocritical to say the least.

I'm not really interested in contributing to a thread which this particular OP has started, and his "apology" seems to consist of having a go at two regular forum contributors.

This forum is a community as well, albeit an online one.

So people should be ranked in status - i.e amount of time they have spent on it.... And also why are you posting here you have made your point, you seemed to have looked at the side you wish to defend - all succeded. So please now you have done that can we move on Sue, or would you like a t-shirt that says I state the obvious time and time again.

hislordshiplane Wrote:

> I set up a seprate thread to talk about solutions,

Say something yourself about your subject, and I'm pretty sure people will respond to your content.

JimJam Wrote:

> I dont know, but looks like he was insulted to,

> and it takes two to tango!!

>

> Also he has since apologised!!

Has he really?

Has he apologised for the PMs he sent to various individuals?

Or is:

"rambles from Keefy and his partner in dullness Lousiana" to be taken as an apology?

Cos if so then perhaps we need to rewrite the OED.