Victorian Overmantle Gilt Mirror Sold

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• I have found in the past that phoning the complaints department actually does work. Not, obviously, to change the whole of Royal Mail, but in specific cases. You could try that. Also, you could see if your bank would send the letter tracked? What a pain. Finally, in view of what your postie said, you could write to the CEO quoting this, and copy it to your MP. And maybe the local and national press might be interested, as well. Of course the postie might be wrong and it's just general inefficiency at the delivery office, not a deliberate intention not to deliver letters on a particular round.
    • I believe Royal Mail or International Distribution Services PLC, has recently been sold to a Czech billionaire. It is alleged by some that there is an intention to asset strip the company. If there was a law firm brave enough and enough disgruntled users came forward, perhaps ED residents could take out something like a class action. I think it needs something of that magnitude to effect any kind of change.
    • I plan Global Events for my day job (specifically parties in commercial aviation), when I’m not working from home I travel fairly frequently overseas for work and leisure, inherently curious, female in early 40s, long time East Dulwich dweller & I love films. I’d be happy in starting up a small group (6 to 10 people) of keen cinema goers to watch a film and catch up after to discuss. No need for group seats or even sat together, can go alone and meet after, no expectations to join the chat either.  Niche films at the BFI, the odd one off at Langley Park Box Club in Beckenham, retro cinema for the real junkie at Prince Charles, cheap flicks at Peckham Plex and some artisanal popcorn whilst at East Dulwich Picture House.  This month I’ve seen The Outrun, Folie a deux and All of you. At home I’ve been re- watching the Batman films and patiently waiting and have downloaded The Penguin Series (4 episodes) for my Colombia flight - bloody excited for that watch! I’m into most genres, with the exception of horror. I am always listening to film podcasts too. An avid film lover, although not a film snob or film buff 🫨.  I have no idea what this post may bring, ( if anything), I have little responsibilities other than to my employer, therefore I’m happy to put in the legwork. Starting with a film a month from November at East Dulwich Picture House.  Please contact me via direct message on here if this is something you’d be interested in. I can then establish a communication channel, a survey system of films to choose from and polls for collecting dates and times that work.  Thanks  Emily 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In