Canary Wharf to East Dulwich by car...

LadyTaTa

... is so frustrating at the moment. I have tried most obvious routes / short cuts and they all involve a road that is getting dug up and is frequently jammed or worse, gridlocked. This week it got even worse.

Public transport? Jubilee Line has already had a major failure 3 times since the new year, and getting to PR station is a pain in the backside given Rye Lane is on/off closed. Even with the insance petrol prices, it's cheaper, quicker and more reliable for the two of us to drive in and park in CW.

The thing is, there have been roadwords on all the routes to CW from ED for AGES... when will it end?

Sorry. Rant over.

I work in Canary Wharf and try to avoid Jubilee but sometimes you just can't. I tend to go Forest Hill London Overground to Canada Water then switch one stop to Canary Wharf. If there are any problems on the Jubilee I jump back on the Overground a few stops north then switch to the DLR one or two stops back to Canary Wharf. This route I use especially when the strikes are on. Have tried driving but it is actually worse.

Alternatively 185 or 484 to Lewisham and get the DLR but I've found this takes at least up to half an hour extra.

Btw LadyAvon, the way the drive normally takes 45-50 mins door to door (including walking from West India Quay car park). On the way home we can do it in just over half an hour, if we're lucky. I learnt the best routes by asking mini-cab drivers :))

Lady TaTa I used to drive to Can Wharf every morning but as I start work really early there wasn't any traffic and could do it in 20 mins. Coming back..different matter!

From ED I would go Peckham/Old Kent Rd/Rotherhithe Tunnel. Nunhead route should be much quicker via Pomeroy Street but that road has been having road works for some time now.

Have moved to CW now so no idea what road works are like at the moment.

In case you don't already know do NOT use Blackwall Tunnel..Rotherhithe so much quicker.

Also, not sure where in CW you work but parking at Billingsgate is so much cheaper than West India Quay.