chainsaw needed for a day / weekend in exchange for bottle of wine, chocs

bonacara

Unless you have experience using chainsaws it would be best to use something else as they are really dangerous.

If required i can pop by on Sat and give you a resonable price to do the job for you.

Having said that, if you are still set on doing it yourself you can rent tools from

http://www.kougartoolhire.co.uk/index.asp

They are really good and offer a delivary service too.

Hope this helps

Chris

I never cease to be amazed at the number of people here who want to borrow other people,s power tools on the EDF.

Any experienced handyman or crafts-man would NEVER lend his tools or equipment out to anyone else because inexperienced users dont know how to use or look after the tools. Frequently also they are a danger to themselves. Myself, I would much rather ( as I do frequently) go round with my equipment and do the actual job for the enquirer. That way it's proper neighbourly and nobody upset or injured.

It's safer, quicker and more rewarding than putting one's kit into the hands of someone who might not how to use it and might not appreciate its worth.

As for a chainsaw!!!! They are very dangerous items and training is essential. A friend of mine who wasnt trained, died using one when it kicked back and severed his femeral artery.

End of story, as they say.

Archived