Best Place to pull?

Dulwich Born And Bred

You all make me laugh so much!:))

Seriously, when I was single (though I am single legally), and I am rather gorgeous you know! (ok, my mirror is one of those magic ones that makes everyone gorgeous!) and when my sisters, myself and friends used to hit the bars, no one would approach us, and we did smell of soap, we cleaned our teeth and wore clean clothes that smelt of Daz detergent.

I think it was because we are sooooo beautiful!

I dont think I could pull now even If I wanted to, being a nanny means I always look like i have been dragged through a hedge backwards and I look like I battle through a tornado daily also...if you see a mixed race lady with red wild hair power pramming a little boy in Lordship lane, that is me...in my own little bubble going to one playgroup to the next, and avoiding people in case I have bran flakes and vomit on my clothes!

Where is 72 and drum? we are talking DULWICH right? Been to Lioquish, Black Cherry, Bishop, Franklins, Vale, EDT, Plough...Maybe I should try Greyhounds in the village...meant to be rich hot totties there...I am not a wannabe WAG ..honest!

Really! HeidiHi, have you been walking around East Dulwich with your blinkers on? Inside 72 is at 72 Lordship Lane, next to Barclays Bank and The Drum is on North Cross Road snuck between a greengrocers and a shoeshop. Also, I've been a regular in the Dog in the Village for years and I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

By the way, can I borrow your mirror?

well i do wear focus dailies lenses, maybe I should change them as I had no idea about the Drum...hmmm i shall go there! and inside 72, yeah I know where that is, very tiny? with leather sofas? never appealed to me being in someone elses breathing space, it is TINY!! But hey, I will give that a go!

Ohhh how disappointing about the Greyhound and crown!

HeidiHi Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You all make me laugh so much!:))

Me too, really enjoying this thread...

> when my sisters, myself and friends used to

>hit the bars, no one would approach us.

And that my dear Heidi, is the reason!

Taking up the animal angle (As someone has pointed out) the male is by his nature a hunter. Now as anyone who's ever watched a wildlife programme will know, one against a pack seldom is sucessful. All that happens, if a catch is successful, is that the weakest is taken (The ugly friend we all have, to make us look good on a night out)

Now, as any chap will tell you, approaching a group of girls is possibly one of the hardest things to do. Walk in, hit the girl of your dreams with an opening gambit, and all the mates will be listening. Even if you're (insert name of fave dreamboat here) and you use your best line, there is still the fear that there is a joker in the pack (Pun intended) who can slay you in one go, sending you scurrying away with your tail firmly between your legs (Which lets face facts was not the legs it was meant to be between.

My advice, as have a female friend who is suffering man starvation in Ed too, is to actually get yourself along to events, such as the ED forums, or evening classes, dance classes and so on, where there is something in common, besides the "having a drink to meet someone" approach of the pub. It's a one to one meeting, or more relaxed at any rate.

LTP

So we are supposed to let the man be the hunter?

Damn I better tell my predatory female friends this, cos we are used to doing the hunting!

Do you think we should learn how to flutter our eyelashes and giggle instead of grabbing our prey and dragging him on the dancefloor etc?

Doesn't it all depend on whether you want a man who responds to a sexually aggressive woman, or one who needs to have an ego-massage to get himself ready for business?

ChavWivaLawDegree Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So we are supposed to let the man be the hunter?

Whatever floats your boat..... ;-)

> Damn I better tell my predatory female friends

> this, cos we are used to doing the hunting!

Maybe you're the exception to the norm......Or maybe I have never been hunted...knowingly....

> Do you think we should learn how to flutter our

> eyelashes and giggle instead of grabbing our prey

> and dragging him on the dancefloor etc?

Of course, we're simple beings, we need the clues to be nice and clear!

> Doesn't it all depend on whether you want a man

> who responds to a sexually aggressive woman,

I cannot pass comment on this in case Mrs LTP reads this! (CLUE: YES PLEASE!)

this thread is great... i havent laughed sooo much in ages... i have a single female friend moving to the area and i'm not sure where she's suppose to be going to pull.... have done the usual down the lane (i.e EDT, the bishop etc) but she's never been approached (and she is a looker!).

while i appreciate there are other places to go to not too far away (i.e stockwell, brixton) the whole point of her moving to ED is so she can stagger home from the bars and be home in 10 mins safely....

may be an event for singles would be a good idea, but then isnt the pressure on and people feel they have to "perform"? my vote goes to the forum do's and other evening classes you can go (although i'm told that the blokes that go to tango are a bit sweaty ;-))