Man arrested in connection with Dulwich Park stabbing

gerry

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What price patient confidentiality?

Ah yes, OK, fair point, but his friend had already given a great deal of medical information.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Oldtincan for the update, i often wonder what happened to the poor victim and if they caught who did it. 100% agree with you, such low life scum dont deserve a place in society...

Oldtincan Wrote:

> He's been convicted... let's hope they throw away

> the key!!

>

> http://news.met.police.uk/news/man-guilty-of-gbh-a

> nd-violent-robbery-in-dulwich-269111

Angelina Wrote:

> and all for a princely sum of ?100 spent in

> McDonalds and on cigarettes.

>

> Just the worst i have heard of.

I don't know if McDonald went to McDonald's though he'd have probably used a card there...

What's more disturbing is the description of the victim's injuries and on-going health problems. It might have happened to any of us enjoying Dulwich Park that day and I continue to feel very sorry for the poor man. I still think of him whenever I'm in the park.

Still don't understand the violence used here - do the authorities actually work on what motivates people like this - loads of times men approach me and obviously want a pound or so - they don't get violent (even though I wonder sometimes if they're assessing whether they could).

SpringTime Wrote:

> Angelina Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > and all for a princely sum of ?100 spent in

> > McDonalds and on cigarettes.

> >

> > Just the worst i have heard of.

>

> I don't know if McDonald went to McDonald's though

> he'd have probably used a card there...

if my memory serves me right, I think the guy used the card in co-op forest hill rd.

the police had cordoned off the shop almost immediately after the incident & were investigating/forensics etc.

• 1 month later...
Well, the victim's (solicitor) girlfriend says the sentence is severe, more than they expected and that they are happy with it and that they feel justice has been served. Their opinion is not the only one which matters of course, but one would say it's certainly the most important one.

apbremer Wrote:

> Pathetic sentence.The bleeding hearts will

> doubtless let this scum out to do it again after a

> mere six years The law is an ass.

According to https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/girlfriend-of-dog-walker-stabbed-in-head-with-screwdriver-in-dulwich-park-weve-got-justice-a3709541.html there is also an extended licence period of five years. I believe that makes it an Extended Determinate Sentence. It means he will serve at least two thirds of the 13 years before release, and will have to satisfy the Parole Board that he is safe to release if he is to be released within the 13 years. Even then he will still be on licence for five years from his earliest date of release, and be eligible for recall if he breaches the terms of the licence within that period. See for example https://insidetime.org/extended-determinate-sentences-and-the-impact-they-have-on-prisoners/ or http://www.prisonreformtrust.org.uk/Portals/0/Extended%20Sentences%20info%20sheet.pdf.

I recommend reading the remarks of his girlfriend in the Standard article.