Review of service at Foxtons (and Time Out subscription offer)

badger

So overcome with Australian Shiraz at G&B, Mikese22 and I ventured into Foxtons to make some enquiries about buying a property together in the area. The purpose of this post is purely to convey our views on the general service given - not to invite another wingeing bitchfest about the conceptual issues of a Foxtons being in the area.

We eyed up the lavish Ty Nant and booze bar elongated across the front of the space. Never ones to pass up the opportunity for free booze (even though Mikese22 bailed on the parteeeee last night - slacker), it seemed only right to venture in...

So, Mikese22 and I were the ?young professional couple? looking to move into our first home together. Despite the fact that Badger looked like a stoned art student just-about-recovered from a drink-binge the previous night, and Mikese22 looking as gay as a Buckingham Palace window, the very nice Foxtons boy (name not given - one of the few oversights) took us seriously, even when we decided we could go up to ?600k (Badger looked somewhat nervous at this and proffered ?550k but was overruled by the boys - the second irritator).

Allegedly 325 (yes, three hundred and twenty five) of our fellow SE22 residents have ALREADY turned to the dark side and signed up with the green demon. Apparently that?s a bit harsh so I will rephrase. 325 of our fellow SE22 residents - I am assuming not generally avid participants on the EDF - have put their homes on the market with Foxtons. Despite the impending housing-crash, it looks like they are here to stay.

We were disappointed not to receive literature about homes on the market in the area until asked. Even then, we only got the magazine, so we have to wait for someone to give us a call for information about homes currently on the market here. I was impressed that after the initial Alexander Hall mortgage broker push, the guy ceased with the ramming-down-throat chat immediately when I said I had my own financial adviser.

Anyway - other disappointments:

- the South East London ?area? magazine contains numerous typos, including descriptions of properties in Camberwell as being in Camden.

- the ?local? restaurant guide is all about South West London venues, save for a review of Jerk Rock (RIP).

Good things:

- the agent was very friendly and not pushy.

- the agent was not wearing any offensive jewelry, nor an excess of hair gel (these things are strangely important to Mikese22).

- properties in the magazine go to less than ?200k.

- the pictures look good.

- there?s a subscription offer for Time Out. Go to www.timeout.com/offers/scwebcam08 for the offer - pay ?2.50 for the first copy and get the next 8 free.

Badger & Mikese22