The asking embarrassing questions thread

????

Why do 75/80% of young females use their mobile phones when out and about, at any given time?

Thats to speak to someone or text or to see who has left a message or if they have missed a call ( heaven forfend ! ) or listen to music or to just fiddle with it most of the time.

p.s. If you don't believe me do your own large survey next week and you will be amazed how engrossed they are.

Simonet Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why do 75/80% of young females use their mobile

> phones when out and about, at any given time?

>

> Thats to speak to someone or text or to see who

> has left a message or if they have missed a call (

> heaven forfend ! ) or listen to music or to just

> fiddle with it most of the time.

>

> p.s. If you don't believe me do your own large

> survey next week and you will be amazed how

> engrossed they are.

Simonet, you seem like a thoroughly decent, logical & scientific type.

What was your sample size for this piece of quality research?

Horsebox Wrote:

> Simonet Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Why do 75/80% of young females use their mobile

> > phones when out and about, at any given time?

> >

> > Thats to speak to someone or text or to see who

> > has left a message or if they have missed a call

> (

> > heaven forfend ! ) or listen to music or to

> just

> > fiddle with it most of the time.

> >

> > p.s. If you don't believe me do your own large

> > survey next week and you will be amazed how

> > engrossed they are.

>

> Simonet, you seem like a thoroughly decent,

> logical & scientific type.

>

> What was your sample size for this piece of

> quality research?

Here's my tail Horsebox.:)

I was on a train 2 years ago and suddenly realised that every single female and 1/2 Males were all on the phone or texting and there must have been 16/17 people. Just random, thought I. B)

After the journey in the street the pattern continued to a lesser extent and I've looked out for it ever since.

2 Guys that I commented about this too have both said something along the lines of you are right as we never reaaly noticed how obvious it was b4.

It really is so blatantly obvious to me now Horsebox, that just look when you are out and about.

Teenage Females and above are obsessed with Mobiles. They are using them. in some form, when they on their own, in particular, most of the time.

Since that day 2 years ago, its been apparent virtually every day since and I will be astonished if you witness any different over, say, a 2-week "trial" period.:)

RosieH Wrote:

> Is Simonet a construct of Huguenot's imagination,

> devised specifically to engender my apoplexy?

Please don't be apopplec, apoplex, apopoplecx, annoyed on my behalf Rosie, do your own random survey over the next 2 weeks and then tell me I'm wrong ( at which point the goalposts change and it will then be "What does it matter, anyway" ? lol

RosieH Wrote:

> Was Hilda always on the phone too Simonet? Your

> sweeping generalisations about women point to

> breastfeeding issues Simonet.

Its blatantly obvious that whilst we are all individuals and should be treated as such and while there are exceptions to every rule there are, clearly, certain differences in behavioural patterns between the 2 genders, "in general".

Any student of human behaviour over 5 Decades will, invariably, come to the same conclusion.

The only thing that irritates me that if, for example, I see a Driver "under"taking illegaalyon the roads,and I state, with almost 100% confidence that it will be a Guy and if a Driver is having trouble parking it will be a Lady then nobody is prepared to put money down to support an alternative view.

Its like me saying that an articulated lorry on the roads will be driven by a Man as in 30 years and over 500,000 miles of driving I've never seen a Female lorry driver. ( though I'm sure there's ONE in Dundee or ONE in Preston that I've not encountered.

To not realise certain differences, with exceptions to the generalisation, is to ignore the obvious and one could ask what "issues" someone has to not want to acknowledge the obvious.B)

RosieH Wrote:

> It will be a lady. Oh I see.

>

> Oh the cliche's just too perfect, I fear I might

> implode.

"Lady" "Female" "Female Driver" "Lady Driver" "Woman" "Woman Driver"...whatever term floats yer boat..:))

How many times have you ever seen a Guy have too much difficulty parking?..even I've been asked 5/6 times to park or move a car where the Young Lady has thrown in the towel ( snow/ice etc ).

Funny how you didn't commenr on my "balancing" criticism of Guys who are the only ones guilty of "under"taking nearly every time. Or do we realise negative Male generalisations are "true"..

Lovely.

sophiesofa Wrote:

> I've never confiscated a girls mobile at school,

> it's in my experience always the boys who try to

> sneak out their phones.

However you must observe that in their late Teens ( per exemple ) Sophie that Girls are far more attached to their Mobiles.

I've just returned to the classroom after four years out, and I am shocked SHOCKED at how much time I spend now arguing with teenage girls over phones. It's the texting, I guess just a modern version of the note writing we did back in the 80's. I remember finding clever ways to fold them and have them delivered without getting caught, so I suppose nothing has changed really. Although my parents would never have bought me an iphone at 15!

I can't really think of a boy version of this. A punch in the arm in the hallway?

How many people got a trimmer for their hairy ears and noses as a present.

Must admit its awful to talk to someone who has a big bush growing out of their nose,including t.v people on a

big digital screeen.

It dont take long to clean your act up,does it.

helena handbasket Wrote:

> I've just returned to the classroom after four

> years out, and I am shocked SHOCKED at how much

> time I spend now arguing with teenage girls over

> phones. It's the texting, I guess just a modern

> version of the note writing we did back in the

> 80's. I remember finding clever ways to fold them

> and have them delivered without getting caught, so

> I suppose nothing has changed really. Although my

> parents would never have bought me an iphone at

> 15!

>

> I can't really think of a boy version of this. A

> punch in the arm in the hallway?

Of course you are right Helena.

My comment was like me saying the sun is rather warm and yet some seek to deny the blindingly obvious, which beggars the question why?

Girls/Women "in general" have always been the most communicative. Thats "in general" for Rosie et al.

Its just that I've told many I know that they are obsessed with them and find it difficult to put them down! lol

Next time you see a solitary Girl of say 15 upwards at a Bus Stop sitting down you can almost guarantee she will be using it.

Simonet Wrote:

> Why do 75/80% of young females use their mobile

> phones when out and about, at any given time?

>

More to the point, Simonet, why do you find this an embarrassing question?

Are you embarrassed by young females?

The thing about note writing is that you only got as many as you sent. 16 year old girls were very keen on reciprocation when I was at school - can't think they've changed much.

I got loads of cutsie notes when I was at school, and sent just as many. What a rosy world!

It wouldn't surprise me if we discovered that young girls are preoccupied by their phones in public places because they're used as a barrier to keep away the unwanted attentions of sexually aggressive men.

Huguenot wrote:

'It wouldn't surprise me if we discovered that young girls are preoccupied by their phones in public places because they're used as a barrier to keep away the unwanted attentions of sexually aggressive men.

This is true in my case and I imagine in many other cases too.

Saffron Wrote:

> Simonet Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Why do 75/80% of young females use their mobile

> > phones when out and about, at any given time?

> >

>

> More to the point, Simonet, why do you find this

> an embarrassing question?

>

> Are you embarrassed by young females?

I'm embarassed for some of them as their lives appear to consist of endless Chit-Chat, about nothing in particular. Gossiping about everyone and no-one, watching Big Brother and other mindless shows and at the end of their time I'd like to ask the embarassing question: What have you done with your lives apart from yak endlesly on the phone, watch mindless programmes that teach you very little, if anything.

Where is the adventurous spirit and actually DOING things rather than idly chatting about them?

My irritation is that I want the average Female to get more out of their lives instead of filling up every available minute yakking about nothing in particular to fill up their time.

RosieH Wrote:

> Next time you see a solitary girl sitting alone at

> a bus stop Simonet, I suggest you walk on by and

> stop perving.

Childish and predictable response RosieH.

Pay attention as you know I drive by another EDF thread. You ARE very irritating one must say.