winter vomiting bug in 12 week old

Beagle

Both myself and baby have been struck down with this awful bug. I brought her to the doctor as was worried about dehydration as it looked like nothing was staying down. The dr was very practical and set our minds to rest and explained what the signs of dehydration would be, but my stomach felt like it was in knots and our poor baby has been crying and writhing in pain so I can only imagine she is feeling as bad. She looks so bewildered and we just don't know how to help her. She is better today but still has moments of pain and her pooh is very pale and thick. Would it be harmful if I took acidophilis tablets? I am wondering might they pass through the milk and be too strong for her little digestion. Also how long are we likely to be contagious as I wouldn't wish this on anyone!

Hiya, my 11 mth old has this too, we ended up at A&E and the Dr there said once the vomiting and diorreah ends, then she can mix with other children. She has been ill since Tuesday, although brighter today.... Did the Dr recommend rehydration salts? We were given those to administer orally by syringe 5ml at a time. Good luck x