Table football

Mikey

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Teams of two, if Fear, my traditional yet

> calamitous babyfoot partner, doesn't pipe up, I'll

> join you Jimbo (though I'm still smarting from

> that defeat you and huguenot inflicted on us).

>

> downsouth.

> Both the Artois, kroney, san miguel (?) and

> carling, brakspear and a.n.other ale, leffe I

> think (maybe hoegaarden) and a range of bottled

> including corona and the rival zoiders.

Barring the Brakspear and Leffe there's not much to work with. oh well, probably ought not to get too merry or i'll messup my game.

EDT have done a great job in many areas in recent months but the beer is not one of them. I'm not an ale drinker but I can see the choice is poor and none of the lagers appears to be as well served/chilled/lively as other bars...

Shame

As for the footie I'm up for it but my confidence took a major blow over the summer when Mr Georgia absolutely hammered me

Hello Mockney,

Yes, Sounds like a great idea! Why didn't I think of that?!

Seriously, what do you think of a Sunday night Table Football League?

I would happily support it, I'll need a volunteer however to organise the teams etc. (they can get some type of drinks comp. for their efforts) and I might even push to a EDT Table Football Cup for the ultimate champion!

You lot up for that then?

Ray

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the diplomatic constructive comments on the beer at the EDT. Can I just say that I am not happy unless my customers are happy.

Thanks for noticing changes; I aim to continually improve our products and services. I must say that I am surprised to hear that you think the beer is lacking. I have spent considerable money and effort into optimising all brands that I pour, everything has been tested by independent and brewery engineers and everything comes up a-ok. As far as the lively factor goes, this can only be down to bad pouring, a warm glass or a failed mini cooler which goes unnoticed for a time in my absence. I am currently giving all staff a refresher course on all dispenses and I can only apologise. I have recently installed some super chilled lagers and I am serving cask ales at 9c.

I am attached to Punch Taverns so my range is not endless but I would gladly take any suggestions on what beers you and the rest of the community would like to see here.

Best Regards,

Ray

Oooops Al - my post actually did sound more negative than I intended. I've definitely noticed the temp of the lagers improve (ie much colder and a Good Thing) and I always get a good head with the pint - I think the staff do everything spot on. (behave at the back!)

It just seems to me (and it could be just me so if anyone fancies joining in on this feel free - I feel bad enough as it is!) that thereafter it loses it's fizz pretty quickly - not sure how else to put it. Esp as it's obvious the effort you are putting in

It's not a deal-breaker and I still head to EDT regularly (4 out of the last 7 days in fact) it's just something I've noticed and mentioned

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

I always get a good head with

> the pint - I think the staff do everything spot

> on. (behave at the back!)

>

*titters*

Sorry but my sense of humour stopped developing when I was 3.

I?ve not been in the EDT for a while but in my experience the Guinness has always been good.

Hi almurray,

What about getting a Bonzini's table football? These are the real thing...

Here are some links:

http://www.footietables.com/

http://www.bonzini.com/english/home_fran.php

John Lewis has a few:

http://www.johnlewis.com/Sport+and+Leisure+/Sports+Equipment/Sports+Equipment/Sport+Tables/736/230333929/Product.aspx?source=22567

I will be up for a babyfoot tournament -- any date yet?

I'm up for it guys just let me know where and when.

Almurray - I echo Tim Taylors Landlord, also any Crouch Vale, Dark Star, or Harveys. Alternatively a Paulaner on draught would be great. Beleive me they will fly out as they taste so good. You should also capitalise on the oktoberfest in Munich as a few pubs I went to this weekend had a 4-5 German or Belgian beers in (real beers!).

Hi Everyone,

Just to let everyone know, the football table has been ordered and it will be arriving from Italy on 19 October!

It has a floodlit pitch and is an upgrade from our old one. I am still looking for a volunteer to organise and referee the Sunday night EDT Table Football Champions League Tournament. (I will happily give the organiser a complimentary drinks tab for the evening) For the matches: A drink and/or branded merchandise can be the weekly prize for the winner/s, and we'll make the final something special!

I will post a new thread regarding TF shortly, standby.

ps- TT Lanlord is on the way!

I too couldn't possibly commit to every Sunday. I thought this was going to be a one-off Forum tournament. Nevertheless well done for getting this up and running and I look forward to the arrival of the new table. I Will certainly need to get some practice in. And a double well done for getting the Timothy Taylor's Landlord in. (tu)