> >

> Indeed Narnia but I would say there are other

> factors at play here

>

> 1) This particular thread makes a lot of people

> uneasy. Argue all you like, it does. The sooner it

> disappears the better

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is this not just your personal opinion? Do you know what everybody who is reading the thread but not posting is thinking?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> 2) It's upsetting not just for the readers but the

> main participants, including the OP, appear to be

> getting ever more agitated - to what end? Noone is

> going to prove anything here, but the agitation

> will continue.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Again, how do you know readers are upset, apart from those who have posted?

My "agitation" (though I would term it frustration) was solely due to one other poster who persisted in posting material which a) made it clear she hadn't properly read my posts and b) just kept repeating the same stuff over and over again even when I had answered her points previously.

How do you know the agitation will continue?

Why is it necessary to prove something? Isn't a forum supposed to be for debate? I have stated why I started the thread, and it wasn't to prove anything.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> 3) From a forum perspective, the prospect of

> someone saying something libellous on this thread

> is higher than usual - again for all pain and no

> gain

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes and that is why I have tried to be very careful in how I have phrased my posts, and have also tried to stick to information which is in the public domain via the police files, rather than to information from other sources.

I would say that the main libel here is in DJKQ stating that I had said that the McCanns killed their daughter, when I have said nothing of the kind. She has refused to remove this statement, as you can see in her posts. I have asked admin to remove it but have had no reply.

made it clear she hadn't properly read my posts

That's your opinion but happens to not be true.

just kept repeating the same stuff over and over again even when I had answered her points previously

As indeed have you. You haven't answered to counter points that dismiss the importance you place on some of the 'evidence' of the theory you suggest (apart from the DNA) choosing instead to ridicule any counter point as pointless or devoid of content..

I would say that the main libel here is in DJKQ stating that I had said that the McCanns killed their daughter,

Oh what utter rubbish.......I said that you are promoting a theory that the McCanns are covering something up which may include knowledge of the death of their daughter. And let's just be clear on this...Almaras theory which you said is, and I quote, the MOST LIKELY, suggests Madeleine had an accident while drowsy from whatever drugs her parents gave her, and died, only to be discoverd by the parents, one of which, Jerry, then removed the body and ran accross town to the beach with it (witnessed by the Irish couple) presumably to hide it...and that then afterwards the McCanns persisted with the abduction story to cover up what they did/ knew. That is the theory YOU are promoting.

You are some piece of work Sue....really you are.

Nothing libelous has been said. We are discussing a theory remember, but you seem to keep confusing perceived truth with that.

Anyway...you can breath a sigh of relief Sue...I'm not posting any more on this....I'm beginning to even bore myself now. Goodness knows many others got there a few pages back I think.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >

> Ok, now im scared

1) This particular thread makes a lot of people uneasy. Argue all you like, it does. The sooner it disappears the better

2) It's upsetting not just for the readers but the main participants, including the OP, appear to be getting ever more agitated - to what end? Noone is going to prove anything here, but the agitation will continue.

Er. Since we haven't let it disappear or anything, people were personally insulting to Sue from as far back as page 2 of this thread.

Just sayin.

Sue Wrote:

> DJKillaQueen Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> (having already decided they killed their

> > own child and covered it up).

>

>

> I have never said that, please read my posts and

> remove this statement.

>

xxxxxxxx

You appear to have now removed it, or someone has, but your unedited statement remains on the thread in my response to it above.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

>

> I'm not removing any statements.

>

xxxxxxxx

And that was your response to my request.

So, as in so much of what you have said on this thread, you are wrong.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> >

> Ok, now im scared

+1

There are other kids that have disappeared in not dissimilar circumstances, but have had almost zero press coverage, or the peculiar honour of forums devoted to them. Perhaps because their parents were not middle class doctors (for example, Ben Needham case).

In each child disappearance case, you could argue that the parents exhibited some seemingly strange behaviour.

(In the case of the Scottish 12-yr-old abducted in France last year, the parents hadn't even reported her missing when she was recovered at the airport and the abductor arrested on a plane bound for Spain. They thought she was playing outside the house. So much for parents always knowing where their children are.)

• Administrator

OK, there have been complaints about this thread, namely its content, the repetition of the same content, the name calling, the circular "going nowhere" discussion, repetition of the same content etc. I see DJKillaQueen has respectfully said that she is not posting any more on this, please do not try to drag her back in it. Just think of the children.

So please keep it down.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> >

> Ok, now im scared

xxxxxxx

I'm beginning to feel like I'm in a kids' playground on this forum.

Play your games if you want to, but the fact is that a little girl has been missing for three years, and slagging me off doesn't alter either that fact or any of the facts which I have posted on this thread.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked at some of the posts on here, tbh.

If you don't want to debate the substantive issues, but prefer to have a go at me, why not start an anti-Sue thread somewhere and leave this thread to those who want to read it.

I have never been scared of putting my head above the parapet, and many of the responses on this thread demonstrate all too well to me why most people are.

Human nature, eh. Never ceases to amaze me.

ETA: Sorry admin, this post crossed with yours

louisiana Wrote:

>

> There are other kids that have disappeared in not

> dissimilar circumstances, but have had almost zero

> press coverage, or the peculiar honour of forums

> devoted to them. Perhaps because their parents

> were not middle class doctors (for example, Ben

> Needham case).

>

xxxxxxxx

Perhaps this could have been because their parents didn't employ a salaried "spokesman" to arrange their PR for them?

You appear to have now removed it, or someone has, but your unedited statement remains on the thread in my response to it above.

How can I remove a post? I can edit but not remove. Actually it's on page two.......hmm obsessing over a post you can't find...believing it's been removed when it's been on page two all the time.......how much have you had to drink tonight :))

Hello Londoners,

This is wee Dougal Muldoon calling from Plockton in the lovely Highlands of Scotland. I just thought I would share my story with you. Last night, I was abducted by aliens! They took me to Andromeda which is our nearest galaxy and is FOUR light years away. They were very cleaver these aliens, able to defy the laws of physics and travel faster than the speed of light. Hard to believe but here is a link from the internet so it must be true:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/speedoflight.htm

I was away for nearly six months but when they returned me only two minutes of earth time had elapsed! Their world is very strange and like acid from the sixty?s. Looking at some of the previous postings on this thread I see there are lots of Londoners still using acid from the sixty?s, how enlightening.

I know some of you are sceptics so here are some links to some famous and true alien abduction sites:

http://www.iwasabducted.com/

If you don?t want to go hurtling across the universe this site might help:

http://www.stopabductions.com/

Well I hope I have convinced you, because there are lots of websites and indeed blogs so it must be true. I don?t know about reality but it?s true for me.

Hoots and haggis,

Wee Dougal.

TillieTrotter Wrote:

> Hurrah....she still manages to have the last word!

xxxxx

First she claims she never made the statement - then she tells me where it is.

Amazing!

In a post on Tuesday night she writes what she claims will be her final words.

Thursday morning, and she's still posting.

Amazing!

Dougal Mulldoon Wrote:

> Well I hope I have convinced you, because there

> are lots of websites and indeed blogs so it must

> be true. I don?t know about reality but it?s true

> for me.

>

xxxxxxxxxx

That's very funny Dougal, but turning to the point you are evidently trying to make, can you point me to the official police files about it, because I don't trust information on websites and blogs unless it derives directly from official documents.

ETA: Or things which it can be directly demonstrated that people have said, ie that is in video footage, rather than reported - possibly wrongly - by the press.

Sue Wrote:

> SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > >

> > Ok, now im scared

>

> xxxxxxx

>

>

>

> Play your games if you want to, but the fact is

> that a little girl has been missing for three

> years, and slagging me off doesn't alter either

> that fact or any of the facts which I have posted

> on this thread.

But the missing girl case won't be resolved by you posting about it.

>

> I have never been scared of putting my head above

> the parapet,

In what way are you putting your head above the parapet? You are not involved in the case in any shape or form.

and many of the responses on this

> thread demonstrate all too well to me why most

> people are.

Quite a few of us 'put our head above the parapet' in cases and situations in which we are actually involved and can make a difference. In Real Life. Your comment certainly seems to belittle (or even insult) such people.

'now I'm scared' (after your point about you belonging to forums dedicated to the McCann case) in my books means you seem to be obsessive about pushing a certain view, far beyond what is normal in an onlooker who has no involvement; nothing to do with the McCann case itself. In other words, it's about you, not the case, and it's a wry comment with a semi-tongue-in-cheek. (SM will now correct me for my mis-interpretation, but that's how I see it.)

There are of course private individuals who do great work in these spaces. For example, in the Ben Needham case, a private individual pushed for images of the child to be updated as he grew older, and visited and interviewed witnesses in an attempt to drive the case forward. But that is making a real contribution in Real Life. Quite, quite different.

louisiana Wrote:

> In what way are you putting your head above the

> parapet? You are not involved in the case in any

> shape or form.

>

xxxxxxxxx

Because as amply demonstrated by some of the responses to this thread, I am saying things which a lot of people (it would appear) would prefer not to be said, so are shooting me down for it.

It would make for an easier life if I didn't do that.