Give me 5 good reasons why I should move to ED...

I'm changing mine, now I've given it some thought, and want it to be more serious...

1. The CPT (plus other bars a suppose, but CPT is best)

2. Good place to have a family, and good primary schools for the youngsters.

3. The 176 bus... Runs 24 hours reasonably regularly. Not always the nicest experience in the world, but can still get you in to/out of town at any time, and take me home to Sydenham when I'm p!ssed at 3am.

4. Hornimans Museum and Gardens. SusyP is right, it is Forest Hill, but I have great memories of going there as a kid growing up in ED, and I still love it now. Gardens are beautiful, and views spectacular!

5. The fact that you will walk down the main road, and see people and exchange a hello or a wave. That's always nice, and I haven't seen it in Sydenham, and I'm damned sure Alan hasn't seen it in Camberwell... That said, ED is not pleasantsville.

My against stays the same, it's expensive, and the buildings aren't the nicest. You can get a bigger, nicer place for the same money in several areas that are still close enough for you to make use of all the good bits of ED.

I quite like some of the buildings ie:

The Library

The Lloyds tsb building (across from the Plough)

The Plough

St Thomas Moore church

The other church at the top of Barry Road.

Both the Primary Schools in the Barry Road area: Goodrich and the other one and others in the area of similar style.

Some great houses along Barry Road, Peckham Rye, the Gardens

The Clock House

Agree on most of those, but the general housing isn't the prettist.

Always remember going out with a girl when I was about 15, she lived in Chalk Farm (next stop after Camden on the Northern Line) and when she came to ED she laughed and said it looked like some sort of seaside retirement village! Bitch!

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 5. The fact that you will walk down the main road,

> and see people and exchange a hello or a wave.

> That's always nice, and I haven't seen it in

> Sydenham, and I'm damned sure Alan hasn't seen it

> in Camberwell...

I haven't seen it in ED either. It's a myth.

Not that I'm complaining- saying hello to randomers is massively overrated.

I didn't mean waving to random strangers, I find that a bit weird too. I meant people that you've been waiting at the bar with in pubs, or exchanged a few words with during a footy match or something like that. Not exactly friends, but they'll give you a nod. I have definitely noticed it in ED, and I like it.

Only other place I've had that was Wavertree in Liverpool.

Agreed, the random 'morning' freaks me out when I go back to the Letch, but I do like it in ED. I nod to the kebab guys as I wander past, know many of the bars' staff by name, keep bumping into forumites and nod to Linda Barker (and maybe look backwards over my shoulder at her too).

It's not a clincher, but it adds another dimension to living here that I like, and it was the first place in London that I experienced this; main reason I stayed here.

No offence taken.

That's another great thing about ED. People tell you you're a nice guy then they tell you you're not then they shout salutations from speeding cars.

That plus the fact that the heavy drinkers know the bar staff (unique!) then how could you not want to live around here.

> plus the fact that the heavy drinkers know the bar staff (unique!)

You say that, but in most parts I've lived in there's such a crazy turnover of staff that this should-be-no-brainer doesn't happen.

There have been one or two big changes to the EDT, George and CPT staffs, but other than that it's pretty static, and pretty local too.

How long have the current bunch of lovely aussies been there Keef? 4 years? I'm convinced Inside 72 have some sort of work experience deal with the local sixth forms frankly, I always feel ancient in there.