What to do with preschool (age 2- 3.5) children over next 2 weeks?

vanthorne

From what I've heard, they're a bit inconsistent in what equipment they put out. The collection that was there the day I went would have been a little young for a 4 year old (although there were several space hoppers, which none of the children there were large enough to use), but friends of mine went a different day when there was more actual gymnastic equipment available and fewer soft toys. That day sounded a little advanced for our 2 year olds, but probably perfect for a 4 year old. In any case, it's a big space with room to run around and crash mats to jump on, so there should be something for everyone.

I also recommend swimming at the Peckham Pulse. We went today and were almost the only people there as well. The hydropool was very warm and toasty, and I booked in at the soft play session afterwards to make sure my daughter was warm and dry by the time we left (although soft play at the Pulse was absolutely rammed, unlike CP). Warning that when we got there for the 10 am session, the pool was still covered and none of the lifeguards knew the session was happening, but after 5 minutes they had everything set up. Here's the hydropool schedule for the rest of this week:

For tomorrow the 23rd: 9 am Jelly Babies; 10 Rafts & Rascals, 1 pm Jelly Babies, 2 pm R&R, 3 JB, 4 R&R, 5 Family Swim. On Friday the 24th there's a family swim session at 9 and Jelly Babies at 11.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi anna r

I made the mistake of weaving my way down all the steps and through the park first time I went, but don't worry there is a smoother and shorter way. Go down Anerley Hill (left at the South end of Crystal Palace Parade). Take the left fork to the leisure centre (no road name)take the right fork when the road splits and then the second road at the mini roundabout (2 small lanes very close together)walking down here you should then find yourself walking towards a car park and the leisure centre (just keep going till you see it, and hopefully some other people going the same way). Good luck, it's not as complicated as it sounds.