Royal Mail Sorting Office Closure Meeting..

I don't really understand why the actual post person for the areas has changed. Did they get made redundant? Our postie used to know where they could leave parcels for us (now they have a "safe place" box to tick on the card) and it says on our front door where to leave deliveries if there's no answer... but they are never left anymore.

I have come home today to a pile of post after none all week.

They had all been posted on different dates.

One was an important letter requiring time critical action by me which was posted first class eight days ago.

Not received post now for 4 days, whereas before the closure deliveries were reliably daily. Amy idea of a/the email address to contact Royal Mail to flag a concern? The website is unsurprisingly unhelpful. Thanks.

I spoke to one of the 'new' posties a few days ago. He explained that 'management' had recalulated all the routes using computer software and they are handed out to whoever is on shift. Some posties also retired so the established route knowledge has been lost. He also said the staff at peckham were woefully unprepared for the influx from Sylvester Road - like we hadnt realised.

He explained that 'management' had recalulated all the routes using computer software and they are handed out to whoever is on shift.

Since the posties are no longer starting and ending at Sylvester Road a route recalculation would have been necessary to optimise their time, although route allocation on the fly is not the Royal Mail norm (where routes are covered by specific posties on a regular basis). I can imagine that many routes would have had to be redesigned, and I understand that because they were being serviced two to a van (taking them from Peckham) they might be different from the old routes. However the very ad hoc approach that appears to be being made (and the fact that some walks are so long that they aren't covered on a 6 days a week basis, as reported and if true) would seem to negate what is the normal service level agreement for the domestic postal service. Something else to raise at the community meeting perhaps?

Hello everyone. I will share my tale of woe.

I ordered a present on the 1st October for my husband for our wedding anniversary on the 10th October. Royal Msil attempted delivery on the 4th October but I was at work. I arranged a redelivery online for the following Saturday knowing I'd be in all day. It didn't show up. I complained, and RM Customer Services told me to arrange another redelivery. I arranged this which was due to arrived on the 20th October (yes, 10 days past my anniversary) and again it didn't show up. In between these redelivery days I was getting texts and emails from RM about collecting the parcel from Sylvester Road! On 21st October I went away on holiday and on the 27th, whilst away, I got two texts, and two emails saying they are sending the item back to the vendor, then at the end of that day came a final email saying RM had definitely sent it back and I was to contact the vendor about it.

More than a bit annoyed, today I spend half an hour trying to message RM to complain -again - quoting all previous reference numbers of our mutual contact, and the website threw me out saying it couldn't process my enquiry.

I will ring them tomorrow and tell them exactly what I think.

My husband sends his parcels to his Dad's in SE17 now.

I will be emailing the parcel vendor haggling for my money back.

I am not going to risk ordering my Christmas presents online this year.

Tubemole Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello everyone. I will share my tale of woe.

>

> I ordered a present on the 1st October for my

> husband for our wedding anniversary on the 10th

> October. Royal Msil attempted delivery on the 4th

> October but I was at work. I arranged a redelivery

> online for the following Saturday knowing I'd be

> in all day. It didn't show up. I complained, and

> RM Customer Services told me to arrange another

> redelivery. I arranged this which was due to

> arrived on the 20th October (yes, 10 days past my

> anniversary) and again it didn't show up. In

> between these redelivery days I was getting texts

> and emails from RM about collecting the parcel

> from Sylvester Road! On 21st October I went away

> on holiday and on the 27th, whilst away, I got two

> texts, and two emails saying they are sending the

> item back to the vendor, then at the end of that

> day came a final email saying RM had definitely

> sent it back and I was to contact the vendor about

> it.

>

> More than a bit annoyed, today I spend half an

> hour trying to message RM to complain -again -

> quoting all previous reference numbers of our

> mutual contact, and the website threw me out

> saying it couldn't process my enquiry.

>

> I will ring them tomorrow and tell them exactly

> what I think.

>

> My husband sends his parcels to his Dad's in SE17

> now.

>

> I will be emailing the parcel vendor haggling for

> my money back.

>

> I am not going to risk ordering my Christmas

> presents online this year.

Mentioned previously in this thread but hasn't got through to Royal Mail CS is that all redeliveries in SE22 are cancelled due to the massive backlog of ED post at the Peckham sorting office.

As for online shopping, make sure they use another delivery service. Amazon is a safe bet as the vast majority of deliveries using their Prime service use Amazon Logistics here.

Yep, there are no redeliveries as Peckham does not have the manpower or time to redeliver but they haven?t informed us.

No point complaining via the RM complaints section as all I have had is noreply emails fobbing me off by saying they are ?Investigating?. I had three emails repeating the same short nonsense and if I had not gone to the office to collect my parcels they would have all been shipped back. I complained to Helen Hayes and I would suggest you do the same.

Rang RM. 20 minutes to get through. They disputed my version of events saying the second redelivery was at ED post office for me to collect. They said either I or someone in my household had arranged it. Flat out lie. They refused to record my complaint.

What is also concerning is I went to collect one parcel and came away with two... the second should have been delivered last Wednesday. It's not a missed delivery because it would have fitted through the letter box, they didn't attempt it.

The people at the sorting office were lovely but the queue was half way up the ramp on a Tuesday morning at 820am!

Sadly Amazon is no longer a 100% positive alternative. I ordered two sticker books on Prime which dispatched and fulfilled by Amazon according to them. One arrived no problem. The other had been sent by Amazon via Royal Mail signed for delivery... And we were out so got the missed postie dreaded card. Especially annoying as the book would easily fit through the letter box! Ended up getting it redelivered to Forest Hill Road post office but not until after half term had ended which ruined the point of the purchase.

I agree, Sonners. I have just ordered a whole load of stuff from Amazon for my grandchildren and am horrified to see the parcels are being delivered by RM. I don?t understand why as they deliver small parcels themselves. The parcels are due to arrive today, allegedly! Watch this space.

Amanda1979 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What is also concerning is I went to collect one

> parcel and came away with two... the second should

> have been delivered last Wednesday. It's not a

> missed delivery because it would have fitted

> through the letter box, they didn't attempt it.

>

> The people at the sorting office were lovely but

> the queue was half way up the ramp on a Tuesday

> morning at 820am!

Maybe they're too lovely - they give each person so much time (and that means explaining what form of identification is required when everybody should already have it ready) - this was OK when there were three of us waiting.