Royal Mail Sorting Office Closure Meeting..

DulwichBorn&Bred Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I told them

> I couldn?t even get through to them on the number

> listed on their missed card but they didn?t have

> anything to say to that.

Was that the general Royal Mail customer services number?

I had to wait nearly ten minutes before I got through, but they did answer eventually.

It was the number on the Missed parcel card. Rang for ages on my mobile and no one answered.

I?ve sent another email to Helen Hayes regarding the redeliveries, hopefully I?ll get some answers and I?ll ask tomorrow when I?m at the office again.

Sue Wrote:

> DulwichBorn&Bred Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I told them

> > I couldn?t even get through to them on the

> number

> > listed on their missed card but they didn?t

> have

> > anything to say to that.

>

>

> Was that the general Royal Mail customer services

> number?

>

> I had to wait nearly ten minutes before I got

> through, but they did answer eventually.

Got to the sorting office for 8.30am, queues as expected. So lots of waiting again.

Spoke to the lady regarding the redelivery. She said that they do not have the staff to do the redeliveries and that Royal Mail should be informing us that they currently cannot do redeliveries in Dulwich. She said there is a backlog of work from Silvester Road, she stated that it should not have been approved especially so near to Christmas. She was not happy with the whole set up. She said because I requested redeliveries the items usually will be sent back to the sender but she found them so I thankfully have all of my parcels. There is no point requesting redeliveries, you will have a wasted day.

DulwichBorn&Bred Wrote:

> Got to the sorting office for 8.30am, queues as

> expected. So lots of waiting again.

> Spoke to the lady regarding the redelivery. She

> said that they do not have the staff to do the

> redeliveries and that Royal Mail should be

> informing us that they currently cannot do

> redeliveries in Dulwich.

Pity they haven't told their customer services people that, then.

Pissups in breweries spring to mind.

Just had a flurry of post through the letterbox. Wrong house! Again! How hard is it to match up the door number to the address? My letter was delivered to my neighbour 26 door numbers away and neither of the digits matched mine. I'm wondering if the post that I am waiting for has been delivered to someone else too.

damzel Wrote:

> Just had a flurry of post through the letterbox.

> Wrong house! Again! How hard is it to match up

> the door number to the address? My letter was

> delivered to my neighbour 26 door numbers away and

> neither of the digits matched mine. I'm wondering

> if the post that I am waiting for has been

> delivered to someone else too.

Please complain! The more complaints, the more likely it is that something will actually get done (I admit the likelihood is still quite low).

As Christmas looms up my best advice is to tell anyone who might be minded to send you a parcel by Royal Mail not to. Parcel Force is still probably OK. You should get cards by the New Year. Once again my weekly political magazine wasn't delivered. Which makes 9 or 10 Fridays out of 9 or 10. Complete disgrace. But I have had 4 days of delivery this week and it's only day 5, so maybe things are looking up.

Just to give the email address of the Royal Mail CEO again:

[email protected]

and you can copy your complaints to Helen Hayes:

[email protected]

Obviously your email won't go to the CEO personally, but at least it should go to somebody in his office who should then do something about it, particularly if they think an MP has been involved.

And if you wanted to copy it to the press ..... or papers' consumer pages .... or post it on Royal Mail's Twitter page (if they have one? And if it's called a page?!) ......

I got a longstanding issue with BT resolved by posting it on their Facebook page. It's amazing what publicly naming and shaming can do!

d.b Wrote:

> I have a package to pick up, non urgent. Given all

> the problems, when is the quietest time to go, for

> someone who works weekdays?

lol i think we'd all like to know the answer to that

I have logged 3rd complaint today with royal mail customer support. This is the 3rd complaint for the same parcel delivery since the 8th October & it's the first time ever that I have had to log a complaint with royal mail. It is obvious that since the closure of Silvester Rd Sorting office the service has gone to pot.

1. missed a delivery got a missed delivery card, went online & booked a delivery for next day to my work address round the corner.

2 next day parcel never arrived at my work address but when I got home I found another missed delivery card & not only that I had another resident's details on my card & a barcode for their parcel stuck on under my reference number!! on my card!! - delivery instruction was ignored so 1st complaint logged & delivery rebooked by customer services again to my work address

3 next day my parcel did not arrive at my place of work - however the other person's parcel did!! - 2nd complaint logged. Customer services again arrange for my parcel to be delivered to my work

4 well today parcel still did not arrive so rang customer services yet again - 3rd complaint logged. They tried to ring the manager at Highshore Rd but office was closed at 3pm, they said they have left a voicemail. They also gave me their phone number so I could try ringing them myself at 8am in the morning:(

The earliest I can go in person to the sorting office is Wednesday. The parcel was a birthday present for someone on 8th October:(

ianr Wrote:

> I'm taking the easy way out and getting an Ebay

> package sent to Peckham Argos for collection.

That's a good idea actually for eBay stuff. Sainsbury's in Forest Hill also offer the service, but not DKH or the East Dulwich Local.

DulwichBorn&Bred Wrote:

> I have started requesting Hermes delivery when I

> order things now.

> It?s a good thing I endured the queues at

> Highshore to collect my parcels because Royal Mail

> still haven?t updated me on my complaints. Helen

> Hayes hasn?t got back to me either.

I?ve just now had a response from her, following an email sent on 28 Sept. According to it. Below, taken from her reponse:

?However, I remain concerned that insufficient action is being taken and that the problems are not being addressed. I am meeting senior staff at Royal Mail shortly, and in advance of the meeting I am compiling an anonymised dossier of all of the problems that constituents have told me about.?

She has also written to the minister responsible for postal services highlighting the continued poor service in SE22 in an attempt to try and get some sort of urgent government response.