What old stars would you like to retire.

Tarot

The only people who 'need retiring' are those who would see others retired on grounds of their AGE.

This is because judging people on a characteristic which no-one can control and which in real terms has no bearing apart from perhaps a physical one (looks/strength) is irrational and prejudice.

What's next ? A thread on which ethnic minorities shall we lynch / sexual orientation bashing ?

Basic blind discrimination.

Next tell me the youngest in society add the MOST value.

This society, on the whole, automatically discards old people as irrelevant and superfluous. Our loss IMO.

This reminds me of the newsreader (Moira Stewart ?) who was 'retired' or released because she apparently didn't look 'fresh' enough.

Sick.

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Don't rise to it HB - I'm sure he's joshing.

May Death Be Your Santa Claus !!

p.s. Well not actually "Death" but it is a Mott tune and it is (almost) topical.

p.p.s. Not that I'm a fellow fan but I did note the "Honaloochie"

Yes computershorty, the long winded lottery draws presenters, but whoever it is who shouts in that hysterical high

pitched voice, should go

Also what is odd, is how comes they know instantly,how many times a certain number has been drawn and what charity

will benifit.

I,ve heard of speed reading, but fact finding too,sounds scripted to me, Hm.

Maybe the numbers are picked by computer, and the whole ball thing is just for show,to make sure the balls come up the way they want, they are magnetic, thats why they wear gloves.

Where are all these raffle winners too..All odd .

Oh yes Ridgely, I,m not an ageist, some of the young ones should go too, Its more the repetative songs, that we hear on

every show they go on.

Like the films that are on a loop, Plain boredom really

We have got the X-factor on for a few more years yet, Just Groundhog day feeling thats all.

With regards to repetitive songs/people and particularly during the Christmas (selling) period. Is anyone struck (and no doubt not for the first time) how much utter toss is being produced in the name of the Christmas period. Beginning with all these totally banal and empty meaningless shite churned out by the likes of X-Factorites and High School Musically Challenged but in addition, even some of the more established artists, Elaine Page, that Barryman, Bette Midler, and even Annie Lennox.

I had a moment this morning after watching 3 minutes of these non-stop Christmas adverts and began to really and truly wonder what the feck has happened to the human race... this has to be the start of the end, The Apocalypse must be nigh!