offering to do shopping trips for elderly/people unable to go

zeban

It seems that perhaps we should let Dulwich Helpline stay in charge of the organising, especially as there are so many concerns. I would still very much like to help so please private message me if you do find someone on Crystal Palace Road area who needs a hand. Shame the people we want to help, proabably don't go online - or I am sure we would be inundated!

Its back to freezing at the weekend and maybe snow, so perhaps we can just help out organically, be extra watchful for people. Its nice to know that there are people out there with a sense of Community even if we haven't been able to formalise it.

l

I can do top half of Barry Road (Goodrich - LL and Etherow Street area) I can do a limited amount of snow clearance but would be happy for someone who may need help to have my phone number. Would ber happy to do shopping locally. I work full time ( as a social worker- so have already been CRB'd).

I suggest that for security reasons that no volunteer goes inside the person's house, and all transactions take place at the front door.

I am a member of Barry Area Residents' Assocaition and I will try and get some feedback from my members at our meeting tonight.

Lucyd30 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

please private

> message me if you do find someone on Crystal

> Palace Road area who needs a hand.

xxxxxxx

And please PM me for North Cross Road/Ulverscroft Road area

When I lived in Elephant & Castle our local community centre had the names and addresses of all the local elderly or disabled people and they used to deliver a food box every Christmas. Not sure how they managed to get their details, but it was organised by the over 50 club, so maybe they just knew them all. They used to get the younger users of the centre to deliver the parcels.

Maybe you guys could organise this through the local community centre.

Sorry for the long absence from the discussion -- I'm afraid we haven't had internet service for several days.

Anyways, I hadn't read some of the earlier posts in this message carefully enough, and am thinking it sounds like the best idea would be for all of us volunteers to make our details available to Dulwich Helpline, which seems to have the resources to coordinate between volunteers and people in need, and also offer to post leaflets/flyers in the neighbourhood advising people to contact Dulwich Helpline if they need help in these conditions, even if they are usually self-sufficient?

• 3 months later...
yes it awesome i like it and applied very soon Online shopping is a online business development company, online store and online jeweler store is a main key to shop at home. Online shopping store is a most familiar in all over the world at avs platform. Online seller and buyers are available here all the time; every body can visit it at www.onlineshoppingavs.com . For webmasters it is a great way to place links, and share ideas of online shopping store, shopping store, and online store.