Trains and other transport running this morning? [The TravelWatch in the Snow Official thread]

onlyk

As yesterday, I walked up to Peckham Rye where they seem to be terminating/starting a lot of buses from, and got on a 63 no problem. In fact it was half empty. This was just before 9. Got to Blackfriars just after 9.30, which I though was pretty good. Seems that staggering the journeys is probably a good idea though. And I was amazed at the amount of traffic on the road around East Duliwch Road/Peckham Rye junction this morning - serious traffic jam.

So anyone waiting around the Clockhouse, just walk down the road a bit and you'll be fine (so long as you don't slip on the ice).

Just back from Sainsburys. East Dulwich Station is still closed - they've put the Southwark bins in the entrances to stop people going up to the platforms.

A 40 & 176 were parked facing south at the bus stop end of Ondine when I set out but are now gone & coming home I saw a 40 picking up passengers at the station stop (going into town) virtually empty.

Better under foot than yesterday, more snow & slush, less ice

Hi Twirly - whereabouts exactly did you pick up the 63 from? We saw lots going in the other direction with "Peckham Rye" as the destination but waited 20-30 minutes by Peckham Library without managing to get one. The stop outside the station said it was not in use. Trying to line up an easier trip for tomorrow if the trains are bad again... Thanks.

Twirly, you lucky duckie! I walked/slid from Goodrich School to Peckham Rye Tesco, waited 40 minutes for a 63 before giving up and boarding the first central London-bound bus that came along. Ended up jumping out of a 12 at Elephant & Castle, and waiting an age for a 45 to Blackfriars. It took two-and-a-half hours and I still can't feel the end of my nose. *Wail* I'll definitely be heading home early.

Came back an hour ago from Aldgate/Gracechurch St.

Buses fine, with 185, 176, 40 seeming to run to end of route, and DKH fine.

Didn't check out trains.

This morning's experience was:

- 40 and 12 not running from the Library

- 185 on diversion via Barry Rd

- 12 only running from Peckham to Camberwell Green

and hundreds of people trying to get onto buses (many more than usual) with most buses not stopping because they were full.

so I ended up getting 197 down Barry Rd, 12 from the Rye to Camberwell Green (where it turned around), 45 to Elephant and 40 from there to Aldgate. All buses this side of Camberwell were moving super slow, some barely more than walking pace, and some were taking pretty odd routes and not stopping at bus stops even when they were not full.

I say this only because the same may happen again tomorrow (given that snow is falling 5/10 here in Dulwich southside).