Trains and other transport running this morning? [The TravelWatch in the Snow Official thread]

onlyk

I saw a P13 creeping south along Underhill about 10 mins ago, just past the cemetery - no evidence of any gritting on that road - I saw a gritter at about 7.45 last evening, but it wasn't scattering much/ any grit - looked more like a slow leak than a gritting run.

My husband was just on a 176 heading south down Dog Kennel Hill. The bus started sliding down the hill, so the driver stopped and made everyone get off. Another 176 behind that one had the same thing happen. After making all the people get off, the buses continued down the hill, so he's wondering if they'll turn around and head back north. Either way, it doesn't sound promising.

No number 40 bus from the Library and no 176 (as at 6-30 am). There was a lorry stuck on Lordship lane Southbound where it starts to climb up towards the library causing chaos. I got the 185, which was diverted through peckham, and off at oval and onto the northern line. Total time to Bank 1.5 hours. Hate this - must get my motorbike fittes with stabilisers...

Has anyone got a train from peckham rye/Denmark hill to city thameslink direction?

National rail is showing only a couple of trains and with delays... I'm pregnant so don't really want to venture out if they aren't really running... Thanks!

mrs f - if I were you (as in pregnant) I wouldn't go out today at all. The train stations are effectively shut and will be hell if they do open, but the risk of slipping on the paths is much greater

I ended up head over heels and landed flat on my back - it must have been alarming to see because a car stopped to see if I was ok.

But my other half is pregnant and apart from me saying she shouldn't walk in these conditions, her work have told her to not even try as well

But in general, if people are worried, any journey to town shouldn't take much more than an hour - walk to Camberwell and buses are running fine from there

mrs f - stay home...even if you manage to find a safe way to get to work, there's no guarantee you will be able to get home easily tonight. Don't risk it. I'm pregnant too and have opted to stay home rather than risking the possiblility of gettting stuck walking miles, slipping ang falling or getting stuck waiting ages in the cold for buses trains. Stay home with your little bean and stay warm and cozy!

Hi all, I waited for a long time on LL for a bus towards Vauxhall to no avail. In the end I walked to the end of Rye Lane expecting to get a 36 or a 436 but a 185 came along randomly! Must be on diversion. There are buses running regularly from the bottom of Rye Lane with no problems but as someone mentioned above, the pavements are rather treacherous so take extra care if you go that way