New Womenswear and Accessories Shop opens in ED...

DulwichMum,

I recommend a trip to Balham. Ample parking for the Chelsea Tractor.. and you can pick-up a satisfyingly impractical uncombed mongolian Yak hair cushion - which I guarantee won't cost you a penny under ?85. Should fill that hole on the couch nicely.

Dear Bob,

You are a darling. I do love a nice scatter cushion. Uncombed mongolian yak hair sounds just the ticket! I have just returned from my Sunday morning ritual tramp in Dulwich Park. Far too many Al Paca hand knit Peruvian hats about the place if you ask me.

But the type of cushion you describe sounds virtually organic - 'home spun and organic' is such a good look but not for clothing - clearly! I shall purchase a bakers dozen (cushions not hats);-).

Sorry - didn't mean to suggest any unlawful activities on the part of chickens!!!,

What i actually meant was cottage chicken, or chicken cottage, its the sort of kentucky fried chicken shop but not quite, located near to the station. I don't think in fact that you are missing much, although i may be wrong as i don't frequent the place so i can't actually verify what the chickens do or don't get up to...

Heard from a friend that when there at the weekend, great little shop, well alid out, chilled out staff and high quality clothes at ver reasonable prices, espcially as the sale is on. Shame it is off on melbourne grove, but worth a visit, if you want something smart and unique....

i'd rather go to primark any day, that sort of shop is for yuppy show off's, however, good luck to the people who've opened it, I hope they make a bomb, if these mugs are prepared to pay the extra price for something you can get for ?'s less elsewhere, then let them do it I say lol

it's like the butchers on LL, when it was in bermondsey it was just a normal family butchers, now it's apparantly "organic" and sells "high uality game" lol.. its so funny, these middle class types think they're getting something those of us who shop in supermarkets arnt getting, haha... well good luck to william rose as well, fleece these idiots!!

• 2 weeks later...
Will more sense than money? Probably! Don't you wonder how Primark manage to produce clothes at such low prices, or does the 20 minute healthy walk clear your mind...erm...conscience?

misha some of us dont really care or are in a position to worry about where our clothes come from as long as we can afford to by them ... get into the real world...

"why cant we have some sensible clothes shops with bargains in the area?"

There are two charity shops on LL, and Sainsbury's will also sell clothes when it has been extended. Stop moaning you fool. If Petals wasn't there it would still be an empty junk shop.

By the way, has anyone noticed the rather unsual clothes shop on LL towards the Plough, on your left?

The sweat shop retort is *SO* lazy.

Do you think that the M&S have fresh flowers, organic coffee & croissants every morning in the Mayalasian suppliers

factories?

Do you think that your loverly Boden is hand made by willing people who wake up ebery morning and cant wait to get to work ? why do you think Johnny Boden is based in the sweat shop and rag trade capital of the UK ? Do you think Johnny personally watched over his bangladeshi suppliers day and night and makes sure they all get adequate healthcare ?

Glass houses and all that

Misha Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Will more sense than money? Probably! Don't you

> wonder how Primark manage to produce clothes at

> such low prices, or does the 20 minute healthy

> walk clear your mind...erm...conscience?

Primark costs as much to make as much of the other stuff you buy - its margins and overheads are smaller.

basic economics Misha.

Dear All

Im very disappointed in some comments on here about people coming to the area and ruining ED, because new shops open to cater for the demand. That's the free market at the end of the day and only serves to help the area! I for one welcome them and I hope that Petals does well. Melbourne Grove doesn't have masses of shops, but maybe if its given a chance it will set a precedent and bring the other shops to life.

And Primark clothes are cheap because they are imported and massed produced. If u want something different from the norm u pay and no one should have the right to look down on the people that can and want to pay....and nor should they feel alienated by them.

I bought a very nice dress there. and it wasnt that expensive. and it's nicer than anything i ever bought from primark those clothes are a false economy they fall apart after one wash

Petals looks much nicer on the corner than that eyesore that used to be there. If you don't like it, don't go in. I think the shopfront is really classy, as is the decor - but it's not intimidating like some of the other shops. Most of the clothes are surprisingly affordable and there are nice bits and bobs of jewellery too. And the staff are chatty and nice. I'm happy we've got a decent local shop and I won't have to go traipsing into town all the time. We've got plenty of cheap shops, a few 'exclusive' shops - Petals sort of bridges the gap. What's wrong with having a nice shop there - better than some eyesore Chavs r Us chainstore.