mutual cat minding/feeding service

tinagwee

We are going to get a kitten in the next few weeks. However we still like to go away for the odd weekend and holiday and dont fancy the cattery fee's so was thinking we could set up a group/contact list of a people who would keep each others cats at their place or go round and feed them depending on preference etc when ever people are away on hols. Or does something like this already exist in ED?

Hi Pickle,

Can you mail me Tinas number - she does sound reasonable and like you i go away quite a bit and next time for 2 weeks. Where are you in ED as perhaps this would work for helping each other out as well as any other cat owners who may be interested...

Thanks

I suggest you get the cat used to dried food then going away weekends is not a problem - just leave a larger quantity down. In my experience cats just eat what they need (unlike labradors!). This also means that if you go away for longer holidays, someone only need come in once a week.

Only potential problem is neighbourhood cats coming in and finishing the food. This can be avoided by using a catflap that works with a special cat collar so only your cat may enter.

Pickle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We use a cat sitter when we go away - her name is

> Tina and she charges ?6 a day (which is for 2

> visits) which is really reasonable compared to

> other services I looked at. If you want further

> info I'd be happy to PM you with her number.

Id be interested in getting her number, thanks. But am still interested in a mutual arrangement as well. If someone lived close enough to me I wouldnt have a problem going around there. Or could keep the cat with me if it was for extended periods. I live at the top of LL, but if we worked out a network of who lived close to whom then I'm sure it could be done if there was enough interest. I will also try the extra food thing for short trips and see how that goes although that may be later as she is only a little thing (only 5weeks at the moment, havent got her yet).

"Does it need to be a cat / cat arrangement? I have dogs, am happy to enter into a mutual arrangement - no walking required just popping in and letting in the garden now and again if I am held up / out all day. I am in Goodrich.

Where is goodrich? I am grand with dogs too.

"tingawee - what area do you live? rough idea? we are lucky that we have cat friendly neighbours, but if you can get a cat owner in the nearby street that could be worth pursuing"

I live at the top of lordship lane near barcelona tapas bar.

I may be able to offer a temporary solution to the feeding problem

Summer is almost over and the mice have started to invade again !!(6)

If anyone wants to leave their cat(s) in my house for a weekend [good mouser(s) only requried] then I can assure you that they will be well fed, exercised and content when you return. >:D<

Hi, could you please PM me Tina's details. She seems very resonable and I've just lost my very loyal cat sitter who has moved to west London.

Also happy to do mutual cat feeding if anybody is interested. I'm at the development behind Sainsbury's.