Chicken pox play date

pebbles

My 3 year old has chicken pox and although it's only our first day in we're going a little stir crazy - also have a 1 yr old. Anyone else out there with chicken pox infected kids and feel like meeting up and playing at one of our houses?

Let me know

Such a shame, any other time I would jump at the chance for my daughter to get them (she somehow avoided them when my son caught the pox) - but I don't want to risk them appearing just as we're about to board our flight to NZ next week!

P x

Thanks Pickle - i can't imagine how upsetting not being able to fly would be.

All of my sons friends have had it so i've made sure he always "snogged" them as much as possible cos I just wanted to get it over and done with and he never caught it and here we have them and no idea where they came from :)

So far so good though. Spots today are appearing by the second but no itching as yet.

I've actually put my 1yr old daughter into his childminders for the day so my son and i are currently snuggled under a blanket watching Toy Story - bliss :)

Anyone want to join us?

Hi,

I don't want to sound critical but did you inform the childminder and any other parents of children she looks after that your 1yr old may be in the incubation stage? I've never been particularly keen on the idea of chicken-pox 'parties', when my daughter had it she was really quite poorly and whilst I understand it is usually better to 'get it over and done with', children can react to childhood diseases/infections quite differently......

Hope the next few days aren't too bad and your son makes a speedy recovery.

Thanks kristymac1 - yes, childminder and other parents all know and are absolutely fine.

Was only really wondering if anyone else stuck indoors cos of chicken pox wanted to get together - not that everyone was to come around to catch it!!

Nappylady - thanks re piriton. isn't it funny how quickly the itching starts and he's not too keen on cream at the moment so i'll give it a bit longer to see whether he stops wiping it off and then will go down the piriton route.

Kristymac, this is why I am holding off - little one is only just 2 & I figure better if she catches it when older, but having had 1 family holiday badly disrupted by CP it is a worry.

My eldest was fine when she had it at 25 months - not poorly at all, just infectious but each child is different and some really suffer with it I know.

• 4 weeks later...