Nursing clothes and bras

Can anyone recommend any websites where I can order some decent nursing tops/dresses? None of my regular clothes are suitable or fit me and the stuff in Pretty Pregnant is either too expensive or I don't like (the Boob clothes).

Also can recommend nursing bras that are supportive and pretty (!) I got one from PP yesterday and it's pretty good (Anita) but would like to explore more options.

I got some tops from these people at one of the Baby Shows;

http://www.bras4mums.co.uk/

Mine were summer style vest tops, but with a built in bra, gave brilliant support, allowed me to strip off down to little top during those new Mummy hot flushes(!!), and lasted really well, despite 2 years worth of regular wear. Also seemed to fit fine even as initial wonderful HUGE boobs slowly reduced to little bumps again!

Happy shopping.

xx

I think its pretty hard to find any decent nursing clothes, but I guess that depends on your style. I think that most of them are very samey and quite old fashioned. I wish H&M or Topshop or someone would do some, but I guess there just isn't the market for it. Anyway, apart from basic tops, like vests, camis, which you can get from Mothercare, I quite like Mamaway and have bought several tops from here, all good quality and easy to feed in:

Mamaway

Hi - I hated all the breastfeeding clothes I saw so what I do is just wear a black breastfeeding vest top under whatever I'm wearing. Then the top clips down and your normal top pulls up if you see what I mean. I just got a couple from Jo Jo Maman Bebe and HM do them as well.

The best place I found for nursing bras is the Fitting Studio on Dartmouth Road in Forest Hill. They seem to do really nice pretty ones and although they're pricey, they last well and are not as hideous or huge as most on the market. They stock a Kiwi range called Hot Milk (!) that are nice.

I did the same as Gussy, a breasfeeding vest under normal clothes. Keeps you warm so great for winter babies. I had a few bras from Hot Milk and they were very nice but not great quality, looked quite worn after a few washes. Bravissimo have some good ones.

You might not like these because they are sort of the same concept as the Boob ones, but I bought a really nice Milker jumper in a really soft almost cashmere feeling wool. Like these here: http://www.bellamama.co.uk/37--breastfeeding-knitwear-

I mostly did what others suggest with having a breastfeeding vest under my normal shirts, but I did like to have a couple of options of proper nursing shirts like the Milker ones because I did find they were a bit more discrete if I was going out.

For nursing vests, I loved these to help make my tummy feel a bit less flabby and lumpy(after a couple of months, mind you....not mere days after actually having the baby!): http://www.everythingunderthedress.com/product.asp?pid=2291

The prices are crazy, but I had one in white and one in black and alternated between them almost every day.

I am in the process of launching a website selling maternity & breastfeeding clothes. I started working on this in the summer and been working to get it launched (with a baby that doesn't sleep and now having gone back to day job, it keeps getting delayed!!)

I have already got a lot of stock currently in my spare room so if you are interested, I could send you a link to the website which is under construction but does have all the images of the clothes I have in stock.

I tried all sorts of different breastfeeding tops etc and none of them worked properly (slits in silly places, lost shape when washed etc) and you end up exposing more than with normal clothes. I found my saviour in nursing bra, normal vest top on top (H&M maternity vest tops are great as they are long and stretchy straps) and normal t-shirt on top of that. Then lift t-shir up and pull vest top down. Keeps your tummy warm in colder months (and saved people the view of my ravaged stomach!) and covers the top bit too. Minimal exposure and minimal expenditure too.