Dog bins

vicki08

nununoolio Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Southwark are doing away with the old dog bins as

> people can now use the general rubbish bins.

Are you being serious, are Southwark really doing away with dog poo bins? How can we put dog crap in our bins, it will absolutely stink in the summer, especially as they only empty once a fortnight.

My ex neighbour used to put her cat poo in her bin, in our shared pathway, in the summer there would be all maggots crawling out of bin and on path up near my front door.

Please tell me this is a joke. If you mean dog poo can go in general on street public rubbish bins, then we will be carrying our dogs poo around for a very long time as I can't remember when I last saw a public rubbish bin on any of the streets.

Sorry to disagree but there are loads of general waste bins around the streets and some of them are very close to the dog bins. I'm not surprised if the council are doing away with the dog bins, some of them rarely get emptied anyway.

Some of them rarely get emptied anyway - Hmm, not sure that using an omission of responsibility (ie. not emptying the bins as they ought to) by the council should be used to condone it's new policy of getting rid of them! Better, no, to make sure the bins are regularly emptied.

Whether there are tens or hundreds of them, people leaving their dog's muck on the pavement/grass will always be with us as there will always be witless, selfish individuals.

solar Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry to disagree but there are loads of general

> waste bins around the streets and some of them are

> very close to the dog bins. I'm not surprised if

> the council are doing away with the dog bins, some

> of them rarely get emptied anyway.

Well where I live there are no waste bins at all, Oxenford street, bellenden road, oglander road, soames street, copleston road,everthorpe, marsden, muschamp, not one of these roads has a waste bin. So I'm afraid I can say there are no general waste bins near me. Yes the poo bins do not get emptied enough, so that's down to the council.