Unprovoked attack on Barry Rd

Karen28

While walking home from work at 5:30 this evening on Barry Rd I was randomly kicked in the back , fell to the ground straight on my head . Badly hurt .

I got up and it was a young girl on her own aged between 18 to 20 years old . She had run across the road and fell over after kicking me . I shouted out what did you do that for ? She ran back over too me (where my bag was on the ground) and said "what you f.......g wanna go do ya . " I kept repeating no I want to know why you done thet. She kept asking if I wanted to fight and was getting very aggressive so I slowly walked away from her fearing what she might do . She did not try to take anything from me . And my bag was on the ground so very easy to just grab . She walked off in the direction of Peckham Rye park and could of easily turned down Sylvester Rd . A mum and her child kindly saw what had happened and asked if I was ok . So thank you if that was you . Touch wood . I am .

I was around 10 doors away from home . So got in and phoned the police .

The girl was around 5 ft 7 wearing grey tracksuit bottoms and a black hooded puffer coat . No make up and of mixed race.

Unprovoked attack . No reason . Do not understand why .

Please be careful .

I know of at least one person (a friend) who was attacked in error - a case of mistaken identity - someone else entirely was the intended victim of the attack, my friend was just dressed similarly - the intended victim had previously (and very recently) injured the attacker. Makes it no better for the actual victim of course, but a mistaken attack may be (slightly) less worrying than a completely random one.

This sounds awful Karen, I do hope you are recovering well today? This sort of random attack isn't unheard of and there could be any number of reasons, mistaken identity, alcohol, drugs perhaps even mental illness. Whatever the reason, the most important thing is that you reported it.

Louisa.

Thank you everyone .

Kind words . I do hope it was something like a mistaken identity as I don't have any enemies . I'm a local primary school teacher and have been for years . Seeing the dr today . Feeling a bit sore . Feeling a bit vulnerable too .

Thank you everyone I hope they catch her .

Karen

Am sorry this dreadful thing has happend to you. Hope the scum gets what it deserves. Hopfully it wasn't a delusional disgruntled relative of a pupil with an imagined greviance. I hope you recover fully and quickly. All the best.

Thank you everyone .

Really makes one feel better hearing all of your kind thoughts and messages , didn't realise how much this has actually helped me to recover easier .

The police are visiting me tomorrow , hopefully they was able to catch the disgusting human being who done this to me. I will be in touch .

Thanks again to all Of you.

Karen. Xxxx