63 bus route suspended between Peckham Rye and Forest Hill Road

Due to a leaking pipe at the junction of Marmora Rd and Forest Hill Rd Thames Water have scheduled a repair starting on February 14th. Unfortunately Tfl have been notified and 63 buses suspended past Peckham Rye. I have contacted Thames Water and asked that either the works are moved forward or that the buses are reinstated until works start. I am waiting to hear back from them. 363s are running as usual.

Renata

Renata, huge thanks for this - losing the 63 bus for the last two days has been bad enough but even more frustrating when there are no repair works taking place. Hopefully can get sorted soon, although the works sound pretty major? Any idea how long they will take?

Can either the frequency of the 363 be increased to compensate for the loss of service of the 63?

Or could the 63 turn into Dunstan's road from Forest Hill Road, left onto Underhill. left onto Langton Rise, left onto Woodvale and left back onto Forest Hill Road, but that might be to easy for tfl?

Thanks Renata. The works have at least started now so hopefully not too long. TFL say at least 14 Jan.

Just a warning for those on the 363 who want to travel to E&C. Most (or all, driver this am wasn't sure) 363 buses are terminating early at Bricklayers Arms during these works, so TFL can keep the service on schedule despite the extra passengers.

If a bus is running behind schedule, TFL terminate it early - then send it back the other way, so that it is "on time" for the return journey it is supposed to make.

I once complained about this to TFL and the answer was "we do terminate buses early to regulate service on the central part of the route and for the benefit of the majority of passengers on the route."