Communal bins not emptied..

CD_Rom

Hi,

We've got a bit of an issue at our block on Forest Hill Road whereby the binmen/ Veolia seem to have forgotten about us over the last few weeks, and our communal bins are piling up (I've attached a picture from outside our flat this morning). I've flagged the issue to Southwark 3 times last week, and they just said the bin crew couldn't get access. I very much doubt this as I've tried the code to the bin area several times and it's working fine (I've also reiterated it to Southwark numerous times). But in either instance, it's a block of 50 flats so I don't understand why they couldn't just buzz a flat to be let in?

I was just wondering whether anyone on here had a more senior contact at Southwark/ Veolia that this could be raised to, as it's becoming quite disgusting and there are obviously risks of rodent/ hygiene hazards.

Thanks!!

I would suggest PM-ing either Renata Hamvas or James Barber (I think it's more likely in Renata's patch) - both have proven excellent in pursuing constituents' interests (and, whatever your politics, deserve huge praise for doing so and for keeping this forum informed, which neither are obliged to do).

I would suggest the Council website, it is as easy to access as EDF and has a dedicated link to Report It pages and simplistic tick box form to tell them of a missed collection and type eg recycling. Very simple and effective and leaves elected representatives to get on with more important things.

Hi Zelig, thanks for the message, and yes I did that 11 days ago. I was simply asking for a more senior contact to escalate what is becoming quite a serious environmental issue to. Renata has been in touch and is being very helpful. Thanks for the suggestion....