tree chopping

bodsier

Hi everyone

There seems to be a mass chopping down of beautiful old trees in the area by a company called Grimswood and Toms. They chopped a plum tree in our street today which is a conservation area, and proposed to chop another under the premise that they are diseased. Both trees produced an abundancce of fruit this summer, yet they said they were both dead. My partner asked them to show him where it was diseased, and they then said oh actually we cant see any disease. He stood beneath the tree refusing them access, and they left it alone. I have just seen 5 lovely huge trees on Elmwood Road with signs on them all looking like they are next for the chop. They all seemed perfectly fine to me. It could be that they are just pruning them, but I am not presuming anything after today's incident. Don't they need planning permission before chopping trees in a conservation area? Tomorrow the elmwood road trees are due to major works, Perhaps its worth investigating if you are around tomorrow, particularly tree surgeons who know a little about this. It would be such a shame to lose these trees. If you live on the Elmwood road even better. Perhaps you can let everyone on the forum who can come down support you on this. Or contact Grimswood and Toms on 0845 873 1500 to voice your complaint and try and stop this if it is unnecessary. Councillors, the council. Anyone?