Estate Agents Car Parking....

nutty

I few years back when I was looking for flats in SE London (and eventually found one in ED (tu)) I was shown around places in Brockley by an estate agent who didn?t have a car. She was probably about 18 years old and chain smoked as we walked around the streets from place to place. Completely unprofessional but I quite enjoyed it. Except when it started to rain and there was the time when she stopped to have a row with someone who I think was her ex/boyfriend. It was pretty good for someone who was moving in from outside the area as I got a feel for what the place was like.

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I suppose, when selling a ?650k property, the

> owners would rather not have the viewing conducted

> by someone dressed head-to-toe in waterproofs with

> mud speckles on their face, 'helmet hair', and oil

> on their boots.

>

> It's ok for pizza, but then they only get as far

> as the doorstep.

That made me laugh.

No cpz thank you. Tax by another name. Also, just becuase a family has two cars does not mean they can afford the extra tax you've menationed. Perhaps some of the newer ED residents can afford it but I doubt the older ones could.

Speak to the Estate agents in Question and raise it with the SLP or local publications - someone who doesntn have an agenda or a revenue stream with these odious scum ( my opinion )

The last thing these parasites want is adverse publicity.

unfort. if they move from outside your house, they will just go elsewhere.

double edged sword- many want to bask in the warm cosy glow of positiy equity in their property, but cant accept that one of the side effects of this leap in value will be more Estate agents coming to tap the market

Ditto many want lovely expensive boutique shops in their environ, yet bleat when the chains begin to move in, seeing as rents have been raised by the presence of such little twee shopettes fiorcing out the shops that run on a small margin

Chicken / egg I think

I think if you brought it to their attention, yes they would be moved. Frankly, it is thoughtless and unprofessional, lazy and also very disrespectful to the people living in that road. The clueless types that drive those vehicles should spread them around other roads. Of course, that would inconvenience the little loves because they'd have to rememember where they left their beetles. Its far easier for the empty headed estate agents to have them all together. If that was my street, I'd be round straight away to give the boss a large piece of my mind (which is very small).

I'll steer clear of my usual rant on private vehicle 'rights'...

But I can tell you that it would be plausible to legally argue that since these vehicles are used for commercial purposes, that parking them near the agent constitues illegal industrial storage.

I'd say a class action by local residents would have a reasonably high likelihood of success, save the rage of residents everywhere, and make the EDF famous to boot.

Go on nutty, run with it just for fun!

I'm with brendan on this one. i think it should be one property, one car. in our road some houses have three or more vehicles, plus their work vans which choke to life at 6am outside my window. not sure how it would work with flats though. Perhaps there should be legislation that any new builds should automatically provide adequate parking - either underground or off-street.

I think I read somewhere that the requirement of parking facilities only applies if a certain number of houses/flats are built.

There are 2 new builds opposite us and they have no parking and they have no frontage on our road (they're reached via an alleyway) - so their vehicles are additional to what is already on the road.

nancysmum Wrote:

> I'm with brendan on this one. i think it should be

> one property, one car. in our road some houses

> have three or more vehicles, plus their work vans

> which choke to life at 6am outside my window. not

> sure how it would work with flats though. Perhaps

> there should be legislation that any new builds

> should automatically provide adequate parking -

> either underground or off-street.

In the case of apartment blocks, the Government requirement is actually to provide only parking for around 60% of the block, to discourage car use. Which means that motorists just park on neighbourhood roads. Clever.

Ko Wrote:

>

> There are 2 new builds opposite us and they have

> no parking and they have no frontage on our road

> (they're reached via an alleyway) - so their

> vehicles are additional to what is already on the

> road.

Not the grand designs houses? (wild guess)

Nutty - they're not the only ones though! Within a 2 minute walk of my house, there's houses that have been converted into flats over the last few years. They are also various new build flats, including the new flats going up opposite the CPT. There are also two work vans that regularly park outside my house... There are just too many vehicles.

'xpress signs' have two or three big red vans near the CPT on Underhill Rd (though their website says they're based at Goose Green trading estate), and there's some 'green energy' supplier with two vans near there as well. These all seem to be parked outside flats or residential addresses - what's that about?

Anyone responding to this thread an ED Estate agent? Any ED Estate Agents reading this?

Right well where it's already been addressed that residents do and do not have a right to park outside their house blah blah blah blah blah wot about addressing them bloody estate agents who think it's THEIR right to park down a particular street in a particular space? So much so that they'll harrass residents (usually parents wiv little babies)who are parked and unloading their car by continuously honking a horn, shouting, staring to the point one feels uncomfortable and so moves on OR worse still, races people to a space by zooming down the road without much thought or awareness of road safety!

Now I'm not a driver and so do not have to encounter such experiences on a regular basis (only when being a passenger) but surely these ppl need to be trained in neighbourhood etiquette. It makes me grrrrrr at their over boisterous attitude towards people when I am sat in me living room witnessing it all through my window (no I'm not a curtain twitcher it's the raised voices and fighting that attracts my attention!)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Okies moan over

Yes...yesterday I saw 3 of these multi-coloured eyesores sparked on North Cross Road. Were I a resident/driver of a road especially targetted by these eyesores I'd be very tempted to get together with a like-minded neighbour and park our respective vehicles either side of the culprit, bumper-to-bumper, and then take off (on foot) to the pub for the day/Brighton for a week or at least ignore the doorbell for several hours...

Hmm, this all sounds very passive-agressive. Why not send a letter to the manager of the branch, pointing out all the bad feeling the parking of his workers' cars causes and explain that scores of people are reading about it on this forum? It might just work. Nero