scaffolding in Amott Road

Mrs TP

Get over it. You live on a busy road with an established school already at the end of it. Many families are crying out for decent childcare within walking distance (and not having to wait 18 months for a place)

The Gowlett on Amott Road probably makes more noise than a small nursery - and at more antisocial times - and I can think of a lot worse noises than young children having fun.

I appreciate the concern of residents and I also think the parking is more likely to be an issue than anything. The noise though, is probably going to be one that makes you smile as children run around nad have a good time. Its a community, we all live very close together but genuinly a nursery is one of the few things I'd love to see next to me (and mine are all in a nursery or at school so no plans to use new nursery, so no vested interst). Economically active during the day but no night tiem disturbances or weekends. Are they not the perfect neighbours?

But still the right is there for consultation - and thats how it should be.

It'd be the parking / traffic that would be looked at I'd think.

tommy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Get over it. You live on a busy road with an

> established school already at the end of it. Many

> families are crying out for decent childcare

> within walking distance (and not having to wait 18

> months for a place)

>

> The Gowlett on Amott Road probably makes more

> noise than a small nursery - and at more

> antisocial times - and I can think of a lot worse

> noises than young children having fun.

ClareC Wrote:

> Totally agree with you Kristymac, we are near

> Heber school, the only time you hear children is

> break times and even then it's minimal and not

> unpleasant.

>

> Nursery's simply do not open weekends or longer

> hours than this.... The demand isn't there.

>

> I would have no objection to a nursery opening

> near me either.

>

> Interesting the person trying to stir things up is

> a first time poster.... Makes you suspect there is

> more to it!

What is the relevance of me being a first time poster? What "more to it" could there be?

For the record I'm not trying to stir things up, I'm replying to an existing thread of people expressing concern about this development, and letting them know that a formal consultation is underway should they wish to voice their objections more formally.

It's just a little suspicious when people register purely to cause issues for local business's. This is not the first time and it undoubtedly won't be the last.

If it is all just a coincidence that you registered 8 minutes prior to ressurecting a thread that was started as a general enquiry as to what was happening to the building, not expressing concern, then I apologise for my suspicion.

As for what more there could be to it.... you could be another local nursery trying to limit competition.

I'm not another nursery, I'm a concerned resident living very close to the proposed nursery. I registered a few minutes before posting because as you pointed out this was my first post. I've used the forum for a few years but never felt the need to post before. Thanks for the welcome.

ClareC Wrote:

> It's just a little suspicious when people register

> purely to cause issues for local business's. This

> is not the first time and it undoubtedly won't be

> the last.

>

> If it is all just a coincidence that you

> registered 8 minutes prior to ressurecting a

> thread that was started as a general enquiry as to

> what was happening to the building, not expressing

> concern, then I apologise for my suspicion.

>

> As for what more there could be to it.... you

> could be another local nursery trying to limit

> competition.

As a user of the forum for a few years you will know that this is something that happens fairly frequently so wouldn't be surprised that posting something like this as a first timer is likely to raise suspicion.

You have only ever posted on this thread so you don't exactly come across as a genuine new user interested in the forum as a whole, but someone with a personal interest in this topic only.

It's not about being unwelcoming, it's about protecting what is a great local forum from misuse.

As a genuine new user I look forward to getting to know you and chatting further in the future :-)

edited to add; Sorry this crossed with intexasatthemoments post, I too sympathise if you are directly effected and genuinely feel this change of use will have a detrimental effect on you personally. I also wholly agree with the planning process etc. I do however believe that a small nursery is a pretty good neighbour to have and unlikely to cause noise issues or have weekend / extended opening hours as seems to be your concern. I also think local business (and subsequent employment) is something that should be encouraged. Have you contacted the owner and discussed your concerns? I am sure he/she would welcome the opportunity to establish good relations with their neighbours and alleviate any concerns you have where able.

any resident around the scaffolded structure would have been alarmed-there was confusion over which planning applications were going through and the council had said that one application precluded the other.

Amott road play group is a bit different in that people were not living there too. Of course Mrs D was worried.

I have been told that the nursery will be run by totally different people and will no longer be a residence, which I find reassuring and acceptable.

As long as the council check everything is in order and specifically check the safety of the very tall breezeblock wall that was erected as their garden boundary two or three years ago, I won't be worried.