dentist

bmaiven

I've been in a private dentist in Forest hill and I'm now in pain and I'm so scared I don't know where to go...I made an appointment in a dental clinic northcross road with a dentist called mr daly, I would really like to know how it is, can you help me please?? thank you

T'was Declan... it was just a phrase from Life of Brian which I use when someone calls me on something (and I presume your previous post was a reference to me being "particularly tidy" about where the threads go today)

Anyway - back on topic before we are all lounged

I need to find a local dentist after the one I used on Pall Mall has been turfed out by (common theme on here) landlords

Indeed I was referring to that Sean but due to my lack of familarity with your way with words was unsure of your meaning. However am delighted to discover someone whose words make sense yet could mean many things, which I find is just about the most fun one can have in a serious world!.............at least with words anyway.

I'm always suspicious of overly new and shiny dental surgeries with all the latest gear. I prefer the ones which have obviously been around for 30 years with the same dentist at the helm.

Strange that the word 'grotty' should crop-up. My last-but-one dentist was also recommended to me with the caveat that it was 'a bit grotty'. The work I had done there - including a gold crown much admired by every dentist since ("Hmmm.. nice bit of work.. where did you get that done?" ha ha) - was top drawer.

You poor thing you. I know Ive had a fear of dentists since before I can remember. I went to a dentist just by Peckham Rye station and she was a lovely french woman who made you feel at ease. Its just as you come out of the station but she was really nice. Ive always had problems with my teeth, think its genetic and I could tell you some horror stories but she was really ok. Good luck

Re: dentist

Posted by: TillieTrotter Yesterday, 04:38PM

Hi is marvellous. Hadnt been for a few decades and I ended up having root canal treatment with no anaesthetic. Recommend him highly.

==========================

Tillie - this made me laugh. I had too had to have a root canal with Mr Daly and when he started drilling with no sight of an injection I was "slighty" concerned to say the least. Anyway he was brilliant and such a lovely fella. Reminds me a little of Benny Hill. :))

I've been to dentists all over the country and can honestly say that he is one of the best I've ever had to see.

Ha ha - Trust me I wouldn't believe it unless I'd experienced it.

When I asked Mr Daly about it he said that the bit he drills is dead, so therefore shouldn't hurt. I've had root canal before with an anesthetic and it was actually more painful than with none. I reckon dentists get drill happy and get a bit carried away ::o