Cricket club/team

justinc

I play for a team of thirty something cricketers and live in the East Dulwich area. We normally travel to Sussex/Hampshire for our fixtures, but also play a couple in town. We'd really like to play more games locally so that we don't have to travel too far. Does anyone on this forum know of a local club interested in Sunday games with a team of cricketers who don't take themselves too seriously and enjoy a good pint?

cheers

Justin

Hi Justinc

Funny you should ask that, there is a group of traders in Peckham who have been asking me the same question, not sure if they will drink a pint or not after as some of them don't drink on grounds of their religion.

If you want, PM your contact number and I will put you in Touch with Mr Ali. at Zara's Tropical foods on Peckham High Street (Quick forum ad here - good quality fruit and veg, spices, herbs and and other food products and always a friendly word of advice if required on how to prepare or use the products he sells)

I am sure he and his friends are up for a game (or two) of Cricket

Hi Justin,

We play local friendly cricket in Belair Park (next to Dulwich Park, behind the pic gallery)

http://belaircc.pbwiki.com/

And we like a beer as the photos from our last game will testify. (Although last week was our 'friendliest of friendlys' and we usually do take it slightly more seriously!)

We have a game this weekend unfortunately so might have to be next season now, although if the weather holds maybe we could try for a 23rd September game... If you're interested click on contact us and send Mike an email.

hi jumbognat

thanks for making touch. You look like the kinda team we like to play

I'm going to send an email round our team (Sons of Bacchus) and will contact your secretary. Most of our team are London based so we might be able to sort this, but if not it'd be great to get a fixture in for next year

kind regards

Justin