Odd person knocking on Boxing Day

i*Rate

Yesterday, Boxing Day, we heard a loud knocking at our door at 6.45 in the evening and when my wife went to see who it was through the door panel she saw a young man, around thirty; before I got downstairs he asked her to open as he had something to tell her. He was very aggressive, so I started to raise my voice and ask him what he wanted and his reply was that me was 'Mario a window cleaner'. I told him that we were not interesting in a polite manner.He had, maybe, an Italian accent, dark haired.

Well, it does seem an odd day and time to drum up business and in a pretty nasty way; so maybe there's someone to watch out for!

Cheers and seasons greeting to all.

It's a sad world we live in where a once famous plumber let down by falling sales in his franchised business and the loss of his brother Luigi to the madness caused by blue toad licking and his impending divorce to his "princess" who had an affair with Yoshi (and a subsequent baby called baby Yoshi) has resulted in him taking to the streets to climb ladders emanating his one time hero Kong who Mario used to play with as a child.

Of course I could be totally missing the point here(as always)

There is a Mario cleaning service that covers East Dulwich and does a window cleaning service.

Unlikely that an established business would be knocking on doors in the evening of Boxing Day.

I'm with K.K on this one.

Casing properties. Many people will be away at Christmas time ...

Checking who is in.. who lives there... is there an alarm... dog...

DulwichFox

I answered the door to him in HH though I can't remember what night it was. Anyway, as unlikely as it was to be touting for winder business, he was pleasant enough and definitely not aggressive. In fact, he looked pretty presentable and if he was casing the property, he'd be the last one I suspected - and I suspect EVERYONE who comes a knockin'.