Appalling traffic in Rye Lane

cella

Each Thursday over the past three weeks I've had the misfortune to pass through Rye Lane during the morning around 9.30am. The traffic crawled to a standstill and the various buses I was on couldn't move - for 28 minutes in one case. This was due to the large vans and lorries making deliveries to shops along the Lane and the buses were forced to negotiate a very limited space. The bus I was on entered into a standoff with oncoming traffic where no one was prepared to move so we just sat there for 20 minutes. I realise deliveries have to be made but there has to be a better way. I won't be doing that again. Can any of the local Councillors advise on this?

Peckham was snarled up with traffic this lunch time, it took ages to get round the top of Peckham Hill Street back into Peckham, but once through the traffic flowed until the P13 got stuck in I think it was Chadwick road opposite the back of the car park.

There was also a set of temporary lights earlier this week, so that may have made it worse. I agree that the deliveries seem to flout the yellow lines and I get the impression that they are given leeway by the council.

Good luck with getting a response from a councillor.....