Stolen Bike. Venture Hybrid

seano

Mellors.

Thanks for your thoughts.Extra vigilance I suppose.

I don't normally grumble and would not want to add to the general despair. I have lived in Peckham, crime free for 25 years. I love this area and its my home.Cheers mate.

sean

A very reasonable and proportionate sentiment seano. The problem with the ease of communication forums like this engender is bad news can become the loudest voice and people start panicking, kudos for the common sense reaction.

I'll look out for the bike.

A lot of it about unfortunately. My Giant hybrid was nicked yesterday from my garden. Must have been deliberate as you can't see into the garden from the road. Oddly enough, as I turned into my road having been out for a couple of hours I saw a man I didn't recognise having problems closing his car boot on a pair of bike wheels. Hmm...

If by any outside chance it's the one that was sold via this forum yesterday afternoon, don't bother trying to put it in the top gear ratio, and don't put any pressure on the left handlebar grip or it'll come off.

Seriously, if you buy a bike from someone you don't know, make sure you check its provenance and if (like mine) it has a police security number on it then you won't be able to register it yourself as the frame is already registered.