Loft Conversion - Classic Lofts

JSD

I am currently half way through my loft conversation so I have decided it would be a good idea to give you a heads up on how it is going so far.

I'm based in Peckham Rye and I received 15 quotes before deciding who to go for and am definitely going to save you the hassle of doing that... look no further, these are the guys you need.

I decided to go with a local firm called Classic Lofts, reason being they don't just project manage they know all their team and have worked with them for years, I mean years this is so important and this year alone have done 100 lofts, so you can trust they know what they are doing. It is a family run business so it's tight knit, from roofers, to builders, electricians to Bernie the project manager to his dad the company director its someones son, uncle or dad working on the job. So these guys enjoy working together. They are reliable, very experienced, caring and work extremely well together. It's equally important in my opinion to go for a local firm because they are so close, any questions you have they can attend to them on the day and have done with in the hour face to face if need be.

Bernie (project manager) has been remarkable, he has definitely gone the extra mile for me and has even given me so much sound advise on other jobs I asked him about that I needed to do myself around the house and has been very help with decisions I needed making whilst taking into consideration what I as the customer wanted not what's best for his firm. He really does just want the best for his customers. I trust him and his staff which is key when you are seeing them every day and letting them into your home even when you are not there.

After each day each team has cleared up after themselves and have been extremely considerate and pleasant to have around. I have been living here during the conversion and I have a dog so understandable I was worried about this. I really had no reason to be. They even tiptoed in when I was having a lie in and respected my privacy.

So the 1st couple of weeks they built a fake ceiling in my corridor so they didn't have to enter the house while they were gutting the loft and removing the ceiling for the new stairs to fit in as it's a really messy job. To my amazement that was fitted in with in 2 weeks with no mess in the house! Bonus. They do this so early on so you can pop up there and see the space to make sure you are happy with where everything is going and I was and appreciated the involvement and the sneak peak. Everybody on the job so far has worked to an incredibly high standard. My jaw just dropped when I saw how well everything has been done and I am a perfectionist to say the least.

It's now 5 weeks into the project. The roof has been re enforced, new tiles front and back, dormer has been added, main plumbing completed, boards have been laid through out, 2nd fix of the electrics has been carried out, Velux's are in place and 95% plastering has been done. This week the carpenter is in, plumber and the decorator! We should be complicated and decorated with in the the next 2 -3 weeks not including Christmas break. So the loft conversion will be finished with in 2 months. WOW! A remarkable achievement. So please if you are thinking about having a loft done I can't recommend Classic Lofts enough, it's actually been such a pleasant experience one that I was dreading. So thank you Classic I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate all your hard work and efforts. Just so you all know this job has been far from rushed, they just aren't lazy and are masters at their trade and take pride and really enjoy doing what they do to such a high standerd!

One very happy customer.