Another car break in Oglander Road

After my car was broken into a couple of months ago , my son is visiting and this morning had his broken into sat opposite our house , I actually heard something around 7 o'clock this morning , kept looking out couldn't see anything , left house to go get my granddaughter milk , and a white guy with a black bomber jacket ripped sleeve was acting suspicious outside , so much so I phoned the house to my husband and said about him , I checked my car , didn't even think about my sons parked across road :( , I crossed road to watch what he was doing and he sat on house wall ,when my son went out to get babies buggy in , he noticed his car glove box open , some work paperwork was on his seat , his sunglasses and work computer were stolen , I know he should of brought it in , arrived late from Somerset , had meeting in Bromley today , busy bringing in travel cot bags etc , and forgot about it. Please double check you've locked car , he has no sign of break in , he has a BMW God knows how they got in , but same as my break in , and after my post about mine a few people local had same happen .lets try and stop this happening.

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to add to this so people know it's still happening. My car, which was parked on East Dulwich Road over the weekend was definitely broken into - I know because all the glove boxes were open, including a secondary glove box I didn't even know existed(!)

They didn't take anything - there was nothing of value - and I'm double-triple sure I locked it before I left it. My car automatically locks itself if left unlocked anyway. I also didn't see any scuff marks, so wonder if they had some sort of electronic unlocking device.

leenorris78 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do you let the kids play with the car keys?

>

> I do, and as such, never leave anything in the car

> that I would regret being nicked.

>

> People been our car 3 times. 2 iPods. One sat nav.

> They always leave the cd's. Adys Road.

Could you not lock them out of sight in the boot if they have to stay in the car?