?90ono Bargain Mid-Century Modern elegant vintage storage / display unit Retro / Mad Men see pics

cakejake

Please see pics attached.

I am regretfully selling this Mid Century Modern type storage and display unit to make room for my expanding family!

It would work well in any room but it was originally made for a dining room with fold-down shelf for a cocktail cabinet / home bar. I'm not sure what the name for it is, a tall sideboard? Nor does it have a surviving maker's label but I would say it was made in the late Sixties, early Seventies, G Plan in style but more elegant. It is almost certainly teak and is in very good condition - strong and sturdy and still very much a 'smart' piece of furniture.

As well as being beautiful it's a very useful functional piece. I have been using it to store my work for many years and it can really accommodate a LOT. I chose it because it seemed like a lot of thought had gone into the design with elegant proportions and well considered details like the sculptural handles and tapered legs. It's a gorgeous and very versatile piece that I am very regretfully parting with.

It's also a great eco choice because it is vintage AND local.

Approx measurements:

120cm Width

135cm Height

41cm Depth

I have included a jam jar in the side angle pic to give an idea of scale!

The price is ?120 - now ?90 for a quick sale - which stacks up very well with what else is out there in terms of vintage pieces. Obviously a new well-made, solid wood piece like this would cost well over ?1000 I'm sure. If I don't get the asking price I am willing to accept near offers. I am looking for someone who can collect asap.

It will need two people to unload (and possibly load, depending on time of day of pick up). Please make sure it will fit in your vehicle before you agree to buy it.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived