Edwardian Mahogany Double Bed Frame ?65

Daisyonok

We have upgraded our bed to a kingsize (to accommodate the kids..!), and are therefore sad to be selling this beautiful old bed, as we have nowhere to store it until we might need it again.

It has a simple and elegant headboard and footboard, cast iron side rails, and comes complete with twelve beautifully handmade (by my father -- they're not of the same age as the bed!) wooden slats (only one is pictured, as have already taken the bed down and only put it back together to photograph), which take a standard UK double mattress.

The headboard is approximately 144cm high at its highest point (the bed knobs).

The wood has marks commensurate with its age, but it has a really beautiful colour and glow to it. There is a small repair needed at the base of the headboard where it has come away from the vertical piece, but neither this, nor some nicks the wood has taken over the years, I wouldn't say detract from the use or beauty of this lovely bed. I'm attaching three photos, but feel free to PM me for more/further details, or to arrange to come and have a look. We are in Herne Hill/North Dulwich.

Archived