stolen window boxes

sheridan

It is unbelievable i have just returned from the school run to find two of my window boxes gone - presumed stolen.

What great news. :(

Also the audacity as we live on Forest Hill Road it is hardly secluded.

Anyway if anyone notices their neighbours arrive with two granite coloured boxes each with three mini trees and red and white flowers pls do let me know.

Aaaarh

This happened to me a few years back.

Three windowboxes taken from my front bay window sills in broad daylight.

I was at the back of the house, heard a scraping noise and thought nothing of it - till a visitor later on that day asked where my window boxes were (6)

When I replaced them, I chained them to the sills.

The police said someone had evidently gone round the neighbourhood in a van taking window boxes. It was just before Mother's Day.

Then the insurance company wouldn't pay for the plants and compost, which were probably worth more than the boxes themselves. And so it wasn't worth claiming on the insurance because of the excess (6)

Sorry to hear about your window boxes. It doesn't surprise me. I deliberately don't have anything like that in my front garden as I know friends - not in this area - who have had boxes and bay trees stolen as well as benches. It's not an ED specific thing.

Oh sympathies Sheridan. This has happened to me, too, although 10+ years ago, in Ulverscroft Road. It hasn't put me off having plants in pots and window boxes in the front garden since - they don't cost a huge amount to replace. Its such an odd thing to steal though - bulky, heavy, dirty, not easy to get away from the scene, and worth hardly anything to sell on. I can't fathom it.