Ridgley

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> On the upside, I wasn't asked for change for a cup

> of tea every ten paces and I didn't have to fight

> my way through a throng of curiously dressed

> Japanese students wearing mp3 players in their

> hair.

LOL so true, however in North Cross Road, I have to battle over 20 baby prams and pregnant woman everywhere.

The message clearly is to 'shop around'. Yes there's a market in EDF that caters to or takes advantage of (depending on how you look at it) ED's yuppy/ yummy mummy/ middle class residents. But there are plenty of other shops near enough that cater to other demographic groups.

What I would say though is that the middle classes do forget sometimes that ED is not just for them, that there is a diverse community across the area and that local shops, events, services etc should reflect that.

Businesses on the other hand, are there to make money and so naturally will target those likely to pay most for what they offer. But it is annoying when something like the Cafe in Rye Park is too expensive for the majority of people who use the park to go to.

I quite like Northcross Road market being there, but shop elsewhere because prefer better value when spending money. But do also like the diversity of ED and it's residents.

Ted Max Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Listen Andy, ignore the ChieB. Hona's never got

> over the whole Keren thing.

>

> A decade sharing a taxi back to Upper Norwood with

> Jody Watley was bare recompense for that kick to

> the knackers.

'It Ain't What You Do It's The Way That You Do It', I can't hear the flat mooing voices of all concerned without being pierced to my very soul.

Every perfectly judged guitar solo in a WHAM song makes me writhe in torment, while pluckily acknowledging that I lost out to a better man.

And the solo LP 'Son Of Albert', and no I didn't have to look it up. A unique. So it was.

But Jody Watley was the most amiable of taxi companions, I'd recommend her to anyone who's taken a knacker kicking.

I like the market.

The fudge is delicious, the cakes are delicious and the food at the stall which sells things like fishcakes and salads is delicious.

Those French salami things are really nice as well.

I couldn't afford to buy things like this all the time, but I really like having them there as an occasional Saturday treat.